Scary Docks and Nice Redcoins (FINISHED kINDA!)

SonicThHedgog

Oké. This is DIRTY!

There are some things that bothered me in there. There is a fart like sound in the right pan and this is annoying. It's repetetive and useless. It goes nowhere. And the drop is weird. I would kick on the same time the bass comes in. Otherwise the bass is dirty and sexy. This is skrillex or near skrillex dirty style. 2 different ways and both are good. So I give none of the 2 any points. You're both awesome :).

Edit: And at 1:41 I hope this is no voluntary. Cause the beat goes nowhere and is not as awesome as the dubstep one :P

Oké. This is DIRTY!

There are some things that bothered me in there. There is a fart like sound in the right pan and this is annoying. It's repetetive and useless. It goes nowhere. And the drop is weird. I would kick on the same time the bass comes in. Otherwise the bass is dirty and sexy. This is skrillex or near skrillex dirty style. 2 different ways and both are good. So I give none of the 2 any points. You're both awesome :).

Edit: And at 1:41 I hope this is no voluntary. Cause the beat goes nowhere and is not as awesome as the dubstep one :P

that sound is the same bass, maybe to much high end, but still no eqing yet.

or you mean the intro sound?

Thanks on the feedback!

If you guys listen hard, the bass is (Trying to) saying "red coins" and "Get the coins", im not trying to trip anybody out :o.

I like this. The intro is way too long though, and needs more interest and variation. The farty sound has GOT to GO. I like the drop, and the contrast, very skrillex. The drop needs to come sooner, or at least a pre-drop dirty teaser. (couple of filtered wubs maybe) I can't wait to hear where this is going next, it starts to get interesting and then stops!

Also: I like the chiptuney lead but it could be more interesting, less vanilla. Add some effects or change it somehow. Same with the other synths, just a little more interest will make a big difference. Judges hate vanilla synths. ;-)

There's a lot of heat on your squares and they pierce too much, causing pain to your listeners. Round the sound of your square waves by lowering the EQ in the upper mids to highs.

The beginning is pretty neat, with the drums + melody (though it should introduce a bassline somewhere in there - it's too hollow for too long). There's a lot of wasted potential in there, though, since you do not return to any of the ideas presented in that section. Ultimately, it's cool, but unfortunately disconnected to the rest of the song. If you reintroduced some of it later into the song it would be incredibly effective.

The arrangement is pretty repetitive. I hear the effects that break it up, and all, but overall it's just the same section of the source repeating over and over. And over. I think you could get away with it, but I really recommend exploring some more of the source to break the monotony of the track.

I like the dirty effects, and the production is pretty good. This track isn't bad, really, but I suspect it would get a 'RESUB' from the panel, if you were to submit it as is. It just seems too monotonous to keep people's attention past the first minute or two. Make the arrangement more varied and make the square wave less painful to listen to and you'll probably be in good shape for submission.

You took out the drum breakdown that was starting at the end of the other version... I liked that soooo much and was hoping for more... was hoping for alternations of drum breaks and deep wubs.

I really like this (love the source tune too)... love the dubstep and the contrast as I mentioned... but it is way too repetitive. How about at least incorporating the other part of the tune? At least once? And at least one original theme somewhere would really make it.

The lead is too plain.

The farty sound just sucks, sorry.

I think the coins are fine and not overdone imo.

Please vary and make this more interesting!!!

Thanks guys!

I had a meeting about the lead actually, and everyone said increase highs, and not boost mids like it did so im leaving it (actually I might cut mids of theres a version 2).

the fart sounds are golden (tho nobody brung in up in the meeting :P)

I'll add a section but not now, I would need more ideas ;p I wanted it to be as repetitive as the skrillex version to be dj friendly.

There's a lot of heat on your squares and they pierce too much, causing pain to your listeners. Round the sound of your square waves by lowering the EQ in the upper mids to highs.

The beginning is pretty neat, with the drums + melody (though it should introduce a bassline somewhere in there - it's too hollow for too long). There's a lot of wasted potential in there, though, since you do not return to any of the ideas presented in that section. Ultimately, it's cool, but unfortunately disconnected to the rest of the song. If you reintroduced some of it later into the song it would be incredibly effective.

The arrangement is pretty repetitive. I hear the effects that break it up, and all, but overall it's just the same section of the source repeating over and over. And over. I think you could get away with it, but I really recommend exploring some more of the source to break the monotony of the track.

I like the dirty effects, and the production is pretty good. This track isn't bad, really, but I suspect it would get a 'RESUB' from the panel, if you were to submit it as is. It just seems too monotonous to keep people's attention past the first minute or two. Make the arrangement more varied and make the square wave less painful to listen to and you'll probably be in good shape for submission.

I know what you mean. But this song is nearly a tribute to scary monster and nice sprite. The intro is a bit longer but otherwise this is the same build up. It's nicely done and this is what is hot. The structure of this song is repetitive but I think it need to be done like that. Take a look at the skrillex one. It looks like that. The song need to repeat itself and we are waiting for that repetition since it's so dirty the first time. For the square sound, I think it's okay. It's a matter of taste. I love it this way. But I do agree with Gario. The fact that maybe it'll get a resub.

Anyway this song is awesome as is, since it's a tribute to scary monster and nice sprite.

• 3 months later...

Some of what Rozo's complaints are could easily be eliminated.

1. Cut out the whole first minute. It's uber basic and repetitive and doesn't really add anything meaningful to the song.

2. Two versions of the main riff would go a long way to improving this track. Use the basic calmer/serene one you have now in breakdown or intro/outtro sections. Make an edgier version of the motif to use in the chorus or the more upbeat sections. This would help really boost the energy levels of the track.

Don't mean to sound harsh but the calm/serene portion of the melody just does not go with the type of song that is trying to be produced at all. The juxtaposition of the two is a nice idea but doesn't come through right.

You have some really stellar tracks on your sound cloud. Def sure you can beef this one up and get everything you want out of it. ;)

2. Two versions of the main riff would go a long way to improving this track. Use the basic calmer/serene one you have now in breakdown or intro/outtro sections. Make an edgier version of the motif to use in the chorus or the more upbeat sections. This would help really boost the energy levels of the track.

^this^ plus what I said earlier, adding a touch of part two of the main melody, somewhere, would break it up and avoid some of the repetitiveness. I find I'm craving this as I listen.

You left the farts in there... arg... guess I'll have to get used to them...

That snare has a little too much something... like tone? Maybe cut some of the middle out of it.

My only other crit is that main synth... who doesn't love a great square? But it's just abrasive to my ears, it needs to be mangled up a bit with some effects (mild flanger/phaser?) and some extra delay on it, just to tone it down and make it blend better with the track (also the dubstep parts would stand out even more in contrast). Maybe even a couple of portamento portions on the lead would be fun.

You actually have the same lead instrument playing two lines at once... leave one as backing and change up the other for contrast. Leave the plain square in the back and make the front one more... well, fabulous. :-)

Overall I still really, really dig this track!!!!!