Thanks OCR 2011

Brandon Strader

• 1 month later...
Seconded. Rozo scared me away right around the time I registered and posted my first horrible remix which he rightfully picked apart.

Yeah Rozo can be kinda harsh, but he actually gave me some really good advice early on (not literally early on, I mean after I returned in 2009) that I think helped me start off the right way. He mentioned not stuffing a mix, that less is more, that some of his mixes that had more luck on the panel had less layers in 'em.. stuff like that. So years later, today I still think less can be more if it is used well, but I'm finally getting the EXP needed to add more layers and EQ them properly. :lmassoff:

Yeah Rozo can be kinda harsh, but he actually gave me some really good advice early on (not literally early on, I mean after I returned in 2009) that I think helped me start off the right way. He mentioned not stuffing a mix, that less is more, that some of his mixes that had more luck on the panel had less layers in 'em.. stuff like that. So years later, today I still think less can be more if it is used well, but I'm finally getting the EXP needed to add more layers and EQ them properly. :lmassoff:

Excellent advice, haha. I too am just starting to get the control to add lots and lots of layers, but I started off several months ago by packing my playlist with vertical patterns, and in retrospect, man, it sounded terrible. I certainly didn't think that at the time, but that's why we have the Rozos of the world :)!!