Elrinth & PsyNES - Acid Flashbacks (Mega Man2 Flash Man ReMix)

Jarski

Haha the intro is great and adds some sorta tongue-in-cheek interest for what's to come. What follows seems pretty adept and has a nice sound. The modern vs chip synths are nice and the sound effects were inoffensive throughout, so good job there! It sounds fine sound-wise (though techno isn't my specialty, admittedly), and has some nice interesting changes of pace at times. the 1:00+ mark in particular was a nice change of pace. I think you could stand to expand things a little (or lot), though. You're relying often on some of the same things again and again, when you could really stand to throw in a variation or change up the notes/rhythm some more from time to time. I might also trying to expand the synths you're using, too. The 2:00 mark adds some more expansion and it goes back to what you two've been doing. I think the pre-3:00 mark build could stand to be started earlier and expanded greatly. So it sounds fine throughout, and I rather enjoy it. It just could use a little more adventure perhaps to make it stand out. I'd hate for you to stop at 'alright' or 'pretty good.' That added interest would go a long way for the listeners (and probably the judges, I'd imagine).

PS, I'd hope for a stronger ending with everything else coming along so nicely :-P

• 3 weeks later...