Spat's Theme (Fully Orchestral)

pokemoneinstein

Source:

Remix: http://www.box.com/s/2bxnzpyl7oo6u4r6klfb

Remix (New Version): http://www.box.com/s/dfl5br5dsx1gvxghsgob

As you can see, the source is mostly just a lead and a little bit of percussion, with two or three bass notes in the entire thing. But regardless, my remix is still pretty conservative, so I don't intend on submitting it unless you all think it has potential to be accepted anyway. But I am posting to get your guys' critiques and opinions. What do you all think?

"Potential", every song has that, so the answer there is "absolutely"

First thing I really notice is this song, in spots, sounds very much like "Hall of the mountain king". Overall, I think the instruments themselves sound good; however that snare is not only rather quiet, but I think that a snare sample with a bit more "snap" would help a lot. I believe I hear a timpani, but it doesn't seem to have that, "thunder" I so desire. Perhaps some more, huge-sounding cymbals as well.

I would just look at improving the drums a little bit and keep giving it your own touch. Because it's sounding good so far!

I didn't think I would. Should I? I mean it isn't exactly a full-on remix, but I guess I did compose the bass, chords, and stuff all by my self, and repeated things a couple of times. But it's still following the basic structure of the original. I guess submitting it wouldn't hurt. I really don't expect it'd be accepted, though.