Exaggerated Free From Jazz song

SonicThHedgog

My favourite thing about this is the Lara Croft picture. Lara is fucking awesome.

Not a fan of the song though. It's basically a bunch of random things thrown together which doesn't even sound like jazz. There's no direction or real sense of harmonic structure and melody.

Thats the beauty of free from8-)

Aslong as I play notes/modes within the limits of the chord set by my guitar I am good to go, In this song (under a minor key) I played mostly augmented,diminished and Major7 based scale/modes/stuff..you know what I dont remeber but its one of those things (over iii,IV,V,Vi,vii ):D

(especially the lovely bass that can play anything aslong as It follows the rules....that I set, but that my style of it tho it relates to a famous persons style whos name I cant remeber : ( )

Thats the beauty of free from8-)

Aslong as I play notes/modes within the limits of the chord set by my guitar I am good to go, In this song (under a minor key) I played mostly augmented,diminished and Major7 based scale/modes/stuff..you know what I dont remeber but its one of those things (over iii,IV,V,Vi,vii ):D

(especially the lovely bass that can play anything aslong as It follows the rules....that I set, but that my style of it tho it relates to a famous persons style whos name I cant remeber : ( )

You say this every time: "That's Dubstep, that's progressive house, that's Free Jazz etc."

No sir, I can not agree. Especially since "free jazz" has no universally accepted musical characteristics or "rules". The idea with free jazz was to simply break free of the rules in Jazz music. That's it.

If I were to throw together a song with out of time guitars, completely kill the mids, drum patterns consisting of nothing but alternating snare and kick drum sixteenths, tremolo picking, a complete overuse of un-resolved dissonance and finally record with an Xbox "rock band" mic the sound of someone's angry stomach letting loose in the taco bell wash-room; then put that recording over top of my song and call it vocals, people would say, "this song has issues such as:"

I would not retaliate with, "Well get over it; that's death metal for ya!"

You say this every time: "That's Dubstep, that's progressive house, that's Free Jazz etc."

No sir, I can not agree. Especially since "free jazz" has no universally accepted musical characteristics or "rules". The idea with free jazz was to simply break free of the rules in Jazz music. That's it.

If I were to throw together a song with out of time guitars, completely kill the mids, drum patterns consisting of nothing but alternating snare and kick drum sixteenths, tremolo picking, a complete overuse of un-resolved dissonance and finally record with an Xbox "rock band" mic the sound of someone's angry stomach letting loose in the taco bell wash-room; then put that recording over top of my song and call it vocals, people would say, "this song has issues such as:"

I would not retaliate with, "Well get over it; that's death metal for ya!"

Aslo(especially the lovely bass that can play anything aslong as It follows the rules....that I set, but that my style of it tho it relates to a famous persons style whos name I cant remeber : ( )

You echoed me twice

and you just said that it had to me melodic in some way, and I replied saying that is was (though I still wish it was more dissonant then what it is now).

So now I have no idea of what you mean about the second paragraph and first line that you said ; /

You echoed me twice

and you just said that it had to me melodic in some way, and I replied saying that is was (though I still wish it was more dissonant then what it is now).

So now I have no idea of what you mean about the second paragraph and first line that you said ; /

Actually I didn't echo you, I was saying it has no definitive musical characteristics or "rules" really. Obviously music goes to the "rules" you set, but that's not actually what I was referring to. My bad.

What I'm trying to say is that genre/style doesn't mean anything.

Actually I didn't echo you, I was saying it has no definitive musical characteristics or "rules" really. Obviously music goes to the "rules" you set, but that's not actually what I was referring to. My bad.

What I'm trying to say is that genre/style doesn't mean anything.

oh I see :o I am now less confused. and as for me I did not mean "echo", I ment contradict, dumb typo.

But since you said that then Im now lost in this convo and now throwing the "back on topic" card. But ehh whatever music is all what is wanted to be intended/heard and stuff like that stuff...whatever the old people say that makes sence for some reason.

Edit:: Ohh now I see whats going on, scratch the line before this one.

oh I see :o I am now less confused. and as for me I did not mean "echo", I ment contradict, dumb typo.

But since you said that then Im now lost in this convo and now throwing the "back on topic" card.

Edit:: Ohh now I see whats going on, scratch the line before this one.

My head is going to explode from all the confusion lol