Turrican 2 - The Great Bath (Pirate-themed)

Mordi

I've never heard of the game or its music, but that source is great. I love the style, what made you decide to go with a pirate theme? I can hear the bass issue, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Really amazing work, I hope to hear more from you. :smile:

I've never heard of the game or its music, but that source is great. I love the style, what made you decide to go with a pirate theme? I can hear the bass issue, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Really amazing work, I hope to hear more from you. :smile:

Cool, thanks. I'm not sure why the pirate-theme came along. When I added the percussion it just sounded like a pirate-theme to me, so I added some accordions and some sound effects to round it out.

By the way, uploaded a further improved version. Subdued the bass some (I haven't listened with my subwoofer yet, though) and made the percussion more punchy. If you compare them, I think the new one sounds much better.

Link: The Great Bath.mp3

Haha, the intro is great. Reminds me of Monkey Island, which is a huge compliment you should like receiving.

It picks up right where it should at 0:38 -- this is great to listen to thus far. The bass is a little difficult to pull out compared to melody and drums though -- maybe something to fix in mastering? I read some of the other comments and feel that you may have pulled the bass too far back. Try a middleground and see what happens.

The switch of instruments at 1:24 struck me as odd, probably because I was enjoying the winds so much. 1:55's break is a better transition out of the melody imo.

This piece really shines whenever you have the flute in the mix. The other stuff is good but that flute is fantastic.

The ending without drums brings us down slowly and works very well here. The piece actually comes to a definite conclusion, which is my personal preference for most genres, including this one. Nice work! The capping of the piece with the gulls and atmosphere is also very nice, and ties everything together thematically.