DDC: Doubles' Dash Compo - two-person vocal compo - next round: 4/28, 9PM EST

Level 99

So check it out. These have been going on for a while intermittently but now they have a set schedule so there's no reason to not plan on trying one out at some point.

Doubles' Dash is a themed compo held the last Friday of every month, starting at 9 PM EST. Teams of two write, record and upload to ThaSauce a vocal song in under three hours and twenty minutes. Teammates are not to be chosen until 15 minutes prior to the start of the compo, thereby providing an X-factor. Typically, one team member handles the instrumental and production, while the other handles lyrics and vocals, but that's not a rule; division of labor can be handled in any way a team sees fit, though it is not in the spirit of the event for one team member to do everything while the other sits idle.

There have been some amazing songs to come out of DDC, so if you're working on leveling up your online collaboration skill, or your vocal or production chops, this is a great way to do so. While there may be a winner by points, everyone who participates is a winner because they make some material and improve their skill!

http://compo.thasauce.net/compos/view/DDC

The next DDC will take place on: March 30th, 2012.

Winners of past DDC:

DDC03: Being Alone by Team Superstar (starla & superjoe)

DDC03NGP - New Game Plus: Dissolve Into the Night by The Late Late Late Show (Arcana & diotrans) & A Team by Myself by Team Fatty Arbuckle (Suzumebachi & Ty)

DDC04: Stay Away from Me by Team Dragonwolf (Draconiator & Cyril The Wolf)

DDC05 - Duets: Unending Light by Primordial Core (JH Sounds & elsalluz)

DDC06: Come This Far by Team Strokin (Obtuse & starla)

DDC07: Dirty Mind by Team Caught-Pants-Down (Cyril the Wolf & Level 99)

DDC08: Recipe For Success by The Investors (Obtuse, Shael Riley, & Cliff B)

DDC09: Shut Your Eyes by The Carson Daly Monologues (JJT & Level 99)

DDC10 - MILESTONE ED: If I Were A Dinosaur by Total Titrage (Level 99 & Wildfire)

DDC11 - BIRTHDAY ED: Someone to Rock With by Bearded Cock Fight (Level 99 & Cyril the Wolf)

DDC12 - Back-to-Scho: I'm Coming Home by Team Chin Hair (Level 99, Xenon Odyssey & Cyril the Wolf)

DDC13 - The Return of The Vengeance: S.M.O.B. by Team Cockwerk (Suzumebachi & starla)

DDC14 - Titanic 2: Curse of LoveZombie: NO WINNERS! But there were two participants!

DDC15 - Bio Force Ape vs Butter Monster: NEXT ROUND! 4/27/12, 9PM be there!

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably my favorite compo, just because of the magic of collaboration. I wish I could remember the original quote, but when you put two one-person-band entities together, inspired stuff happens. Of course, great songs also come about even if both parties are less-than-well-rounded musically. ;-) I'll be keeping an eye on this for my blog, and maybe I'll team up for a song sometime in the future.

• 1 month later...