Sign in to follow this  
Krakozhia

Facebook likes issues (i.e. "Asking for likes is against the law of the internet! How dare you!")

Internet is THE hardest place to communicate.

I dunno, a mental ward right before medication time has to be a close contender.

it felt like waiting in line at Disneyland, seemingly reaching the front of the line ("Trailer!"), only to turn the corner and see another line they're now at the back of ("Dohhhhhh!").

That's a pretty good description of it, yeah. That was my only real issue with the promotion. Glad I could help.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it kind of sucks watching the counter slowly move up and thinking about how much longer it'll be (kind of like when you can't sleep and you watch the minutes tick by on the clock), but that's mostly a perception thing and, now that I've stopped checking obsessively, I'm starting to get excited about this again. I think every one who's having trouble waiting should sit down and try to beat as many Mega Man X games as they can before the album drops.

Alright, that may be fine for you. Consider your part finished, and wait patiently.

SOME PEOPLE have endless love for the music and the site, and will continue to pimp in a very "street team"-esque manner, except without the street and more on the internet, as the whole "street team" thing was sort of addressed and laughed out of the thread at one point.

You don't need to keep complaining about the injustice, the staff know how you feel by now. It won't make the album come out any sooner. It should only be another day. Then you'll see how great it is, how well-put together the album is and how all the aspects of it are really nice, and you'll regret some of your behavior, I can almost guarantee it.

I strongly doubt I'm going to regret making my feelings known about a hamhanded publicity stunt, and I resent your tone that I am inferior to those who will endless perpetuate this sort of stunt by begging all their friends to go like a Facebook page.

I like this post. Too bad that doesn't help get the album out sooner, but I do like the tone and attitude of this post.

Thanks! I think a more understanding attitude is best for the situation. :-D

I'm not going to go out and pester my friends to Like a Facebook page for a site they've never heard of. I Retweeted the original Tweet about it, and my Facebook friends can see that I Like the page. That's the extent of the whoring I'm going to do for this place.

I'm sorry. As much as I didn't like how this was handled nor some of the comments some of the staff made, I don't think this is any better. We're more or less just visitors to a community voicing a concern about how we didn't think this was handled best.

I don't think its proper for us to just burst in, complain about how we don't like it and then just take the album and leave everyone here with a bitter taste in their mouths about us. We're not really part of their community or anything, so I don't think we have nearly as much of a right to be outraged when we're just coming here to make a complaint.

I think we should ATLEAST give some advice or try to help the cause in some manner. If not that, atleast try to be a little patient. I've been waiting for this to be finished when it started, so I know as bad it must have felt to wait. But its also important to realize just a little bit of their perspective.

I am actively upset and will be unLiking the OCR Facebook page as soon as the album is out. I'd withdraw my Like now, but I do not wish to delay the album even more for other fans.

Just unlike it right now, that's OK. (EDIT: I've done it for you.) This isn't a coercion campaign, it's an awareness campaign. Coercion is forcing someone to do something under physical or psychological duress, i.e. serious business. Putting up a menacing picture of Sigma, parodying some game quotes of his, and rallying folks to playfully pretend they're in a Mega Man X scenario to help kick Sigma's ass as a not so serious tie-in to a free upcoming Mega Man X album is NOT serious business.

Again, if doing something violates your interweb comfort zone, then DON'T DO IT. :lol: You'll live. We'll live. You're still wrong about the intent of the whole thing, and made a mountain out of a molehill. That goes for others who implied this was a spam campaign to nag people who are uninterested in VGM or likened it to a hostage situation. If you feel "coerced" we don't need or want your like, it's not that deep.

The only goal is spreading awareness for a community's hard work and creative music. We've seen, what, 10-15 people feel it's a miscarriage of justice and maybe 3 incorrectly claim to speak for a significant amount of offended people? While a truly significant amount of people, 2000+, are simply having fun with the pretend Sigma scenario. We'll stay on the "having fun" side.

Just unlike it right now, that's OK. This isn't a coercion campaign, it's an awareness campaign. Coercion is forcing someone to do something under physical or psychological duress, i.e. serious business. Putting up a menacing picture of Sigma, parodying some game quotes of his, and rallying folks to playfully pretend they're in a Mega Man X scenario to help kick Sigma's ass as a not so serious tie-in to a free upcoming Mega Man X album is NOT serious business.

Again, if doing something violates your interweb comfort zone, then DON'T DO IT. :lol: You'll live. We'll live. You're still wrong about the intent of the whole thing, and made a mountain out of a molehill. That goes for others who implied this was a spam campaign to nag people who are uninterested in VGM or likened it to a hostage situation. If you feel "coerced" we don't need or want your like, it's not that deep.

The only goal is spreading awareness for a community's hard work and creative music. We seen, what, 10-15 people feel it's a miscarriage of justice and maybe 3 incorrectly claim to speak for a significant amount of offended people? While a truly significant amount of people, 2000+, are simply having fun with the pretend Sigma scenario. We'll stay on the "having fun" side.

I think this is a good way to end this discussion.

EDIT: by ending this discussion i mean don't continue it in another thread. It's over.