*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'The Rocking Cetra'

DragonAvenger

Hi,

Here's a remix of Final Fantasy VII's Aeris Theme I made for OC Remix.

You can listen to it following this link :

Contact informations :

Remixer name : Pablo Coma

email :

userid : 48134 (I guess?)

Submission Information :

Name of game arranged : Final Fantasy VII

Name of arrangement : The Rocking Cetra

Name of individual song arranged : Aeris theme

Original composer : Nobuo Uematsu

Guitars and bass have been recorded live by Aster.

Plenty of advices concerning production have been given to me by Darangen.

I would like to thank those two people for their help/work on this track.

Thank you, I hope you'll like it !

Best regards,

Pablo Coma

• 1 month later...

The opening has some really neat chord ideas. Once you get into things, I'm noticing right away that the guitars sound pretty quiet in the mix. In fact, the whole mix could come up, as it's pretty quiet overall. The piano that comes in also sounds pretty mechanical, and needs to be humanized a bit more. The arrangement idea has some promise, but I have to say that it feels...sterile. Everything feels very by-the-book and is lacking emotion to it. Maybe it's the volume, but I'd love to hear some more soul!

There's definitely a good idea behind this, but I think it's got some ways to go.

NO

• 1 month later...

The mechanical piano in the right hand is definitely making this feel a lot weaker than it could, as well as the drum tone being very thin. The snare specifically is lacking character and power. Based on the arrangement, the snare doesn't need to blow my head off, but it sounds very very weak right now. The lead guitar is a little quiet as well?

The arrangement is cool, though some sections where the bass drops out feel strange, as the rest of the arrangement goes on like nothing happened.

This is a very good start, but needs a little bit more arrangement polish, and some extra production love. I'd like to hear a resub!

no, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

Cool style adaption! Source is obvious. I agree with deia about that intro, its striking and grabs for your attention. I'm not sure why you decided to open with the guitar like you did, its a bit of a mood killer due to the dissonance. Arrangement wise, it starts off well, but it menders and the core drum pattern gets repetitive fast. There is a lot of room for creative expansion imo, particularly with the drums.

Production is clean enough. It feels like there is a frequency gap in the mids which should really be covered with the instruments you have, due to thin samples. The drums and piano are the worst offenders, the snare needs some beefing up particularly imo. The piano is sequenced mechanically, but i've heard worse. I didn't notice the guitar was too quiet till I read other judge comments, but it could use a small boost.

This is a cool base, but you need to expand your arrangement and fix up the sample and sequencing issues. Do that and i'm sure you'll get the pass :)

NO (resub)