Pokemon Gold - Lance's Battle Theme Orchestral

The Pokemon games are just fantastic and so feel like I should have had a go at rearranging some of the music ages ago, but hey ho, having a go now.

Remix: stats.png

Original:

For the most part, its more of a sketch of the arrangement. Its very early days but I was hoping to get some feedback. I'm still not sure if its gonna end with some guitar in there but anywho, enough waffling.

You've got a great start here. I was expecting a lot less, but you've got a pretty good sound library here, and the arrangement is a very nice one. Going forward, I'd say you should use your woodwinds more, and try not to focus so much on staccato strings. You could also do a lot more with your percussion. For one, the snares are way too powerful, especially later on in the song. Furthermore, it seems a bit empty as it is, you can definitely have more going on with countermelodies etc, but as you said, "it's more of a sketch of the arrangement," so I expect you'll be fleshing it out more later on. Great start here, and I'm excited to listen to the finished result!

So, where did you get those amazing orchestral samples? :dstrbd: I would absolutely love to use those in my projects. Are they something native to FL Studio, or were they soundfonts, or what? (Even if they're native to FLS, I'd still like to hear what they are). That sound...is just the style I'm looking for in some of my projects. 8)