"10" Original Soundtrack Distribution Campaign

DjjD

Hey all!

For the past 7-8 months I've been working on a soundtrack for a student film called "10". The premise of "10" is that it is about a man who seems to have no idea who he is or why he exists and the events that unfold, end up revealing the truth. It features a lot of both ambient and orchestral tracks, sometimes completely relying on the piano. The idea behind "10" was to make something dramatic, dark, and overall, melancholy.

You can find out more here:

http://facebook.com/10movie

This was a big step for me as I'd never written a film score before or even considered doing music for a piece of media. It was a great experience and I hope to do it again in the future.

I even had some help from Original Sound Version in getting it out there.

Right now, as it stands, I lack the budget to produce mass physical CDs but as I've been a member on OCRemix for a good number of years now...I just wanted to see how many people might be interested in digital and physical formats of the soundtrack. So, the director and I have decided to run a distribution campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/10Moviedistribution

The more money he makes for the distribution of the DVD, the more money I can hope to spend for better quality materials on the soundtrack.

Here are a couple images of the front cover and the disc:

Front Cover

CD Label

Thanks for listening guys, this community has helped me grow beyond what I ever thought I could achieve and I'm glad I ended up here when I did.

and also, just to give you an idea of what it sounds like, here ya go: http://soundcloud.com/jakesnke17/who-am-i-finished/s-jyLMy

Checked out the facebook page. Nice work as usual Jake; the music to the trailer sounded like something out of Portal 2.

Is there any plans on digital distribution of the film? Is that even a thing? Am I crazy?

Thanks Rex, wow, Portal 2? :D

There's actually plans to set up the official website of the movie and as I actually don't know of any plans to do digital distribution of the film, I'm sure that will be taken into account based on how well this campaign does. If it does well, we'll have enough to afford the domain, a box, a web designer and distribute the movie in all sorts of formats (mp4, avi, etc.) In various definitions as well (480p, 720p, 1080p).

How many CDs are you hoping to create and market?

My original plan is to create around 50-100 CDs and distribute through Bandcamp. Digital distribution would be infinite though. :<

If it sells, I'd definitely be willing to put more up for sale.