OCR02585 - *YES* Lightening Force 'OMAKE 8 (Type-R)'

DragonAvenger

• 1 month later...

the arrangement here is a cool shift in sound, giving it a sortof nostalgic vibe with the epiano and sampled bits. I don't feel the structure or a lot of other things were really altered, though there are some distinct transitions and such that were added. The beats are good and varied, and the sound is balanced, but i feel there is a lot of needless repetition and identical sections. A little of that would be fine, but it seems excessive. The ending is also really curt, and doesn't feel good to me at all.

The upsides are pretty apparent though, it has a very 'official arrange' feel to it, and the song is engaging despite the repetition. I think it's above the bar.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fun adaption of the original. There's a lot of nice textures here, and the approach overall is nicely personalized. I agree with Andrew that things do feel a bit repetitious overall, but I also agree that it's not to a point where it dips below the bar. I'd have liked a bit more in terms of sonic variation in the overall, but that's also a nitpick.

I definitely think that while this isn't breaking new barriers, it has a lot of personalization that makes it a fun listen.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

I dig the style adaption, a very unexpected direction to take this source I must say. I like the personalisations, and the production is fairly solid. I do feel like the soundscape is a little weird freqeuncy wise tho. It feels like most of the bass content is coming from the drums right now, which is fine, but i'd have perhaps brought down the kick presence ever so slightly, because it feels like its thumping a little too strong. From there, i'd give the bass a bit more punch and perhaps the give the rhoades a bit more bass to just balance out the frequency range a little.

Arrangement is conservative, and somewhat repetitive, but it passes the bar for me.

Nice work!

YES