DragonAvenger

Original Decision

ReMixer Name: Fallen Seraph

Email address:

Userid: 10661

Name of game arranged: Dark Cloud 2 - Dark Chronicle

Name of arrangement: Strands of the Future

Name of individual song arranged: Battle for the Future

Here's a resubmission of a track I sent back in...2010(?). Hopefully time has been kind to it.

- Wina

---------------

• 3 months later...

Just noting I've only heard this version.

The beats were overbearing, and the woodwind & higher string sequencing was stiff and unrealistic. Texturally, the electrosynths didn't work as well as they should have as leads.

The background of the 1:52-2:09 section was too empty after the dropoff, yet 2:31-2:44 sounded too loud and compressed. There's some balance and volume issues that need to be worked out.

The arrangement's alright, and I wouldn't be mad if this passed, but I heard too many smaller issues with the production adding up for me to pass it. Some instruments are too loud, some sound fake, and some areas are empty. You don't necessarily need to alter the arrangement itself, but I'd tweak some thing with the production to get everything clicking.

This is coming along nicely, Wina, there's nothing to be discouraged about if this doesn't make it as is; you can definitely get it there.

NO (resubmit)

This is moving in the right direction, though Larry has done a good job of outlining what still remains in the track; There is just a sense that things aren't quite gelling, sound-wise. The arrangement I think is really solid, and I think once all the balance issues are ironed out, even Larry will hear how good it is. :-)

No, please resubmit

Gonna pull the third vote hat again here. Larry really nailed this in terms of production. Definitely not really feeling the electronic synths pulling off the lead here: they aren't holding up to the other stuff that you have going on, and the track is sounding weak as a result. While I don't really remember the original version from way back, I can still quote myself that it feels like the backing elements are too up front here, and area drowning out the leads. I think this goes a bit beyond the issue mentioned above about the leads being quiet as-is, and you can bring the backing down a bit overall. Larry also mentioned the mechanical-ness of some of the instruments and I'll echo that. Change some velocities and make the parts more human, and it'll really help sell the emotion and the arrangement.

Definitely pretty close to the bar as is, but you have a lot of smaller issues that are adding up here. Keep at it, please!

NO (resubmit)