Contact Info:

Remixer: MeMark2

E-mail:

User ID: 47398

Submission Information:

Game(s): The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Remix Title: To Soothe a Wounded Soul

Song(s) Arranged: Song of Healing

Comments: The original "Song of Healing" is one of my all time favorite Zelda tunes. I always wanted to do a cover of it, but I could never figure out how (due to my limited musical knowledge). In the end, I just improvised on my keyboard until I had something cool that I thought would work. "To Soothe a Wounded Soul" didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it to, but I still think it turned out great. I hope you enjoy! :D

-----------

This is pretty good, but i think the velocities on the piano are way too high, some sections that should be more delicate are really hitting hard and should be toned down volume-wise. You can probably just edit the midi data and it'd be ok. I do think the second half's arrangement is more refined that the first, and maybe while you are in adjusting those levels, you could embellish the first half a bit more too. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't I vote on this one? :|

Hm. It's a pretty simple piano arrangement. Very rudimentary, repetitive left-hand stuff. I also agree on the velocities. I think that the piano sample you're using doesn't have a lot of range. It sounds like you're really hammering those keys even during the seemingly delicate sections. Try playing around with some different piano samples and see if you can find one with more velocity layers.

NO, resub