*NO* Tetris (GB) 'String Orchestral'

djpretzel

Email sub file Tetris_BlueNocturne_OC_ReMix.mp3

Name: Blue_Nocturne

Game: Tetris

Song: Tetris Song A

Remix: String Orchestral

Email: blue_nctrn@yahoo.com

See Attachment, I'm afraid no other way can be arranged.

Comments: This remix was inspired by my best friend. One day he just said he wanted to hear Tetris and out of randomness I decided to make this. I was not so sure if this remix would turn out to be that great, but my practices with midis seemed to help greatly. At first this was not intended for OC ReMix, but I was emailed and was recommended into submitting it here. It is currently sitting in the New-Files at vgmusic.com as a midi, but due to the recommendation, I decided to improve and harmonize this song. It currently sits: http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/Tetris_String_Arrangement.mid. There were quite many changes overall, but thanks to the email, saying that it "is one of the nicest remixes" he had heard in a while, I am quite content with this piece. Even if it does not get in, I am quite happy with it, but it would be nice overall to see it make it.

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/tetris.zip - Track 2 ("Korobushka") and I guess one other theme

Couple of things:

1) The instruments are poorly used GM, so the sound quality is an automatic NO.

2) The arrangement is too brief/underdeveloped.

3) Use the ReMixing & Works forums to improve beyond your current means. There's lot of good, FREE ways to improve your music.

YES SIR, GENERAL MIDI!

title01.png

NO

What more is there to add here? None. Main issues are underdeveloped arrrangement and basic production. I'd like to hear this with some more reverb treatment in the future, for more of a european sound. Needs a lot of work on these two main categories. Nice orchestration though, but way below the bar at this point. NO