*NO* Doom 'I Sawed the Spider Prince (In Concert)'

djpretzel

Email sub file I Sawed the Spider Prince (in concert).mp3

Hello, first, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to listen to my arrangement. This is my first remix ever and I was actually making it while learning how to use fruity loops. The song's title (I Sawed the Spider Prince(in concert)) pays tribute to the two songs used in the mix (I Sawed the Demons and Facing the Spider) as well as the original composer, Bobby Prince. The premise is that a man has been startled awake and now finds himself...in hell, of course. But not only is he in hell, he's at the underworld's biggest rock concert ever, and has to fight his way to the front of the crowd so he can better listen to those metal lords play! :) I know it's corny but I'm havin fun. Anyway, I appologize for the ID3 tags as Winamp was the only program cooperating with me and also for the fact that this has to be an attatchment because my fireworks is on the fritz and I can't get my site to work correctly. So here you go: Doom - I Sawed the Spider Prince (in concert).

~Tnadz

http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/music/doom%201%20&%202%20midis.zip - E2M1 - Deimos Anomaly & E3M8 - Dis

Hate this MIDI pack; the names are all wrong and shizz, but those source tunes are definitely right.

Anyway, the mix was nothing but cluttered and indistinct sounding. Way too distorted. "Live concert" sounds were cheap. Certainly sounds like a first try.

NO

Sounds pretty cool to me, the way it starts out. But weird loud frequencies aren't necessary to scare the listener, I just find them annoying. The vocals were kind of bad. They were cheesy when you could hear them, and way too loud (to the point of clipping) in sections. The actual music is flat behind the distorted noises, very quiet and hard to hear. We don't get any real form of music until around 1:40.

Bring everything forward so we can hear it. Your drums sound like basic rock loops and breaks to me, maybe considering giving them a meaner and deeper sound. Much less reverb over everything, this sounds like it's being played down a long hallway. Did I just hear a "George of the Jungle" riff around 2:55?

Pretty cool ideas here, but the production is really really bad. You can get this type of atmosphere going while still having the majority of the mix crisp and clear so the listener can actually hear it properly. One thing that bands do when actually recording a live performance is take down the audience cheer levels during the sections when you want to hear the music, and bringing them out in the quieter sections.

The way the Facing the Spider music came in was pretty creative. Overall you have some cool ideas here, but this would be more a cover you'd play on stage to impress doom fans at a live concert, rather than something you'd submit here too successfully.

NO

I really like the synth here, but yeah this is much too much reverb. Tone it down a lot. Cool string/pad bends at the end. Everything sounds like mush blended together. This isn't an orchestral/ambient mix...

Above average no question, but needs a lot of attention paid to the execution. It's just lacking right now.

But those synth sections were quite tite and I should restate that again. The rest of the mix though, needs a lot of work in the production and delivery department. NO