*NO* Mega Man X2 'The Deep Sea Sub'

djpretzel

Email sub file Megaman X2 - The Deep Sea Sub (Radon Mix).mp3

This is my first real good videogame music mix. It's from the game "Mega Man X2" from Bubble Crab's stage.

My remixer name is Radon, and my Email is radon_rn_86@hotmail.com Hope u put this on your page :D I'm sorry to send the file as an attachment, but I don't have a webpage of my own to put the mix up, so I really cant send it otherwise...

"Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison."

Hotmail vai Hotmail Plus? Tutustu palveluihin.

http://www.imagine-msn.com/hotmail/fi-fi/

so this sounds like the original, slowed down, with a slightly altered instrumentation. this is all well and good, but it's not enough. another problem is that the bass part is actually dumbed-down from the original, i believe.

it's not enough to change the instruments and drop the tempo. do something of your own.

NO

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/mmx2.rsn - Dangerous Reef (mmx2-09.spc)

<Liontamer> bah, I hate you Bubble Crab

I'm just kidding. U so cool, Bubble Crab. I thought the bubbly percussion/SFX stuff was cool. Pretty basic sounds, though not put together too badly. Everything from :35-1:23 had no real direction before getting into the melody.

The instrumentation was sparse particularly the drums, and the lead synth was very shrill/piercing. Pull it back, homeboy. I liked the strings though. The occasional claps were pretty out of place here, and sound very beginner-ish.

Considering you didn't have many instruments in play, you really need to fill out the soundfield more with more ideas. The arrangement, like Vigilante mentioned, needs to have more going for it, though your ideas were at least heading in a positive, though conservative, direction. Not bad. Stick around and use the ReMixing & Works forums to further your improvement and see if you're headed in the right direction.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of production problems plague this mix, like distortion on the instruments at 1:32 then lots of crackling in the audio soon after, and in other instances elsewhere too.

The arrangement was a good framework but not there yet.

The arrangement, like Vigilante mentioned, needs to have more going for it, though your ideas were at least heading in a positive, though conservative, direction. Not bad.

I think Liontamer articulated the issue in this case well.

In addition I thought the percussion was generally out of place and very basic throughout. The claps definitely felt out of place.

Consider adding more compositional elements and using better synths to compliment the pads and strings.

Above average, but still needs a lot of work. NO

Nice bubbly sounds. As the mix kicks in, the samples used sound pretty basic. The whistly thing that kicks in at 0:36 is loud, it actually made me jump when it came in. There's a celesta or marimba or something note at 1:04 that's even more LOUD than the whistly lead, it happens again at 1:32. Tone that stuff down, you're going to blow my ears out.

The percussion in this just doesn't sit as percussion. It's just hi-hats tapping the same thing over and over and over. Please, alternate, bring in some drums, breakbeats, anything... except claps.

Overall, the sound of this mix is generally pleasing, but the levels on the instruments are really unbalanced, and the overall sound is just very basic. I'd recommend working on bringing the sounds back to a more pleasing level, and working on some much more creative percussion to accompany the piece.

NO