Accordian VST

If you're looking for something on the cheap, I would suggest finding an accordion soundfont to use rather than look for a VST. If you have Kontakt, there are several libraries out there that would work. I doubt that you're going to get a decent and/or realistic accordion sound from a synth.

doesn't need to be too good since i'm going to throw it in the background. Just good enough to trick someone who has no idea about what a good accordian is supposed to sound like :)

Do you need the full version of kontakt to download some of those libraries? I have kontakt 4 which came with Steven Slate Drums but i don't have the full boxed version of kontakt.

I'm not crazy about sound fonts since most of the sites i've seen them on have a ton of ads and pop-ups. Something I stay away from and would never put on my studio pc. Unless someone had a pretty trust worthy site to get them from. :<

thanks.

Much of the accordion's sound comes from the performance, both of the bellows and of the bass/chord playing. No matter the virtual instrument, it's not gonna sound like an accordion if you don't get those things right. perhaps your Dimension Pro accordion will do all right in the bg if you write it well. Route the mod wheel to oscillator level or something to simulate the bellows, and write the notes a real accordionist would play.

Dunno if the mix you're doing justifies it, but another possible option would be a melodica, which sounds sort of similar to an accordion but is easier to emulate with samples. The Kontakt library has a passable one; I don't know if whatever version of the library you have has got it.

EDIT: You probably don't have it, since the Kontakt library I'm looking at also has an accordion.

Two lil' coins:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x3qblp9xy6hfvy6

Sounds simple on a first listen, but if you can automate the ups and lows on volume, this simplicity might work greatly. ;) Mainly a matter of humanizing your melodies the best way you can.

There's also the one from tgsf21x pack (got it here). I like to use it more on middle eastern influenced tunes, but that's me.

Either way, hope they sound decent enough for ya ;P

Much of the accordion's sound comes from the performance, both of the bellows and of the bass/chord playing. No matter the virtual instrument, it's not gonna sound like an accordion if you don't get those things right. perhaps your Dimension Pro accordion will do all right in the bg if you write it well. Route the mod wheel to oscillator level or something to simulate the bellows, and write the notes a real accordionist would play.

I've been trying to get the wheel on my keyboard to do something other than pitch bends. Within Dimension Pro I have it assigned to what I want controlled but it never does what I want it to do. It just bends the pitch. I've been looking through my DAW trying to find anything to get it to stop but so far i haven't found it. I use Sonar 8 producer.

Again with the kontakt player do I need the boxed version to get other libraries off the net or can i just start downloading stuff with my version that came with Steven Slate Drums?

thanks alot for the help!

Edit: thanks for the links Gfrog ^^ checking them out now