*NO* GoldenEye 007 'Infiltrating the DAM'

djpretzel

Email sub file André Marigo - Infiltrating the DAM.mp3

Hi, I'm André Marigo from Brazil and this is my first remix. I'm a guitar player and I try to make versions with eletric guitars from the musics I like. That's it. This site is awsome by the way I really aprecciate the idea.

Remixer Name: ArkaydonBR

Name: André Marigo

E-mail: arkaydon@hotmail.com

Remix Info:

Name of game: 007 Goldeneye (N64)

Name of Music: Dam (1st level)

Information: I don't know eh eh...

Coments: It's an awsome music and I think that is even better with heavy guitars. You could say I tried to make this music sounds like Symphony X, only tried... Michael Romeo Rules! In this song I recorded the guitars with mics and my simple equipment in my PC, thats the result I hope you like it. Thanks everyone!

http://www.zophar.net/usf/ge64usf.rar - 101 "Dam"

Pretty much a straightforward cover with some edge. The production on this was horrible. Sounded really low-quality, grainy and distorted. Sequenced drumwork was plain and didn't contribute to the mix. Plus those and the strings sounded too clean compared to the guitar, showing an obvious sound quality disparity.

I like the meedily-me solo-type stuff from 1:09-1:30, but it drags after a bit. Track needs more rearrangement, as well as having a longer, more developed concept. A 2:08 mostly-cover track doesn't cut. Add more of your ideas into the picture, André, and work on improving your production.

NO

The fakey guitar in the source actually sounds better than the guitar sound in this remix. It's hard to tell, but I think the bassline is clipping, need gray or someone to listen to that with some more uber-equipment than I have available.

This mix is just LOUD. Everything sounds just way too loud, even the strings playing the chords could be toned down a little. You have some cool delay effects on your guitar at times, but the flat and loud sound you have on it kills the point of listening to it to start with.

Apart from the LOUDness of the mix, the arrangement is cover material. There are some cool ideas in the playing of the guitar, and especially in the effects, but overall it just doesn't cut it. Too short and not up to par on the quality.

NO

Too straight-foward an arrangement. I didn't mind the tone of the guitar lead, but everything else was really detrimental to the mix. There was a lot of clutter, no sense of space or placement in the mix.

Something wonky is definitely going on in the bottom end. It doesn't sit well with me. It sounds really dirty and brittle and distorted.

Your lead guitar had some really cool moments though! Quite enjoyable stuff. But overall, this mix is treading into coverish material. Work on the arrangement and production. NO