*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Thunder 'n Lightning' *FT*

Liontamer

Just wondering if you guys have a track entitled "Thunder 'N Lightning" laying anywhere...my inbox has a comfirmation e-mail sent on Aug 8 that you guy got it.

Though I honestly doubt it'll make it past you guys, but meh. Whatever. Just checking. If it's too early for me to complain about a FT, I apologize.

LT - Xenon's VGMix comments:

Ok, so I got to thinking, the only way I'm gonna be able to get any better at ReMixing is to get some opinions and critque. SO, I've decided I'm going to submit my best works to here, and improve my songs as I go. Though it won't take effect immediately, because I've got a couple of songs I wanna submit first. But any criticism is welcome.

This was my entry for the Dwelling of Fools competetion for the month of August. In case you are wondering, Fools is a parody of Duels, where we lesser remixers who inspire to be like the great (or just don't care and like to make music) enter from OverLooked ReMiX.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this. I have a fan club at my school for me because of it...no joke >_<;

It's been longer than 2 months now, so a fall-through is fine. Sorry for the wait. Quality isn't hot at all, bros, but despite being made for Dwelling of Fools, Xenon could at least get some feedback on it and push him in the right direction.

Reminder to all judges that you arent supposed to fall through a song unless you think it has a decent chance of passing.

with that in mind, i dont know which dance genre this falls under, as the beat jumps in and out randomly. the bells are spastic yet repetitive. as is the arrangement. the saxophone is performed sloppily, and holy crap is it out of tune. the arrangement realy goes nowhere.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 57 "Windmill Hut" (56 Ocarina ~Song Of Storms~)

I always clash on the mentality of what FTs are for. If it would have hit the panel had djp gotten it, I don't feel inclined to hold it back unless it's total dogshit. (Even though I handle the majority of RESUBs,) I'm more judicious when it comes to posting those instead. I'm more about feedback.

Heh. Very basic xylo-ish stuff to open things with at :03 after the rain SFX. Beats and strings coming in at :16 were very basic and synthetic sounding, along with added beats at :37. Decent amount of variation. Melody comes in at :51 with the saxomaphone. Hahaha, cool. Pretty blatty, but tons o' heart even though it's not solid at all, follow by more xylo/string stuff up from 1:18-1:32. The beats jumping underneath the sax sound pretty akward.

Wish the sax actually did more with the Song of Storms theme rather than playing the same phrase over and over again, as it really drags on, despite the constant switches in instrumentation. Traded off with various combinations of the sax, strings, and xylo ad nauseum, which just leaves things samey and boring in the long run.

Not bad for a joke mix, but way too repetitive with both the arrangement of the theme and the instrumentation you were using. Look to vary both of those up, and add more original or interpretive arrangement ideas. Work on sample richness & humanization as well, and using less basic sounds by using effects. ReMixing & Works should continue to be resources for you.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Well...where to start on this one.

The arrangement is rather basic. I don't really hear any significant liberties taken of note, if I may be honest. You do add your own flavor here and there with the sax, yes, also you do add some more supporting material in terms of expansiveness. But looking at it from the sum of the whole of its parts, I think this needs more work. Both conceptually and in execution. The sloppy sax playing is...well, needs quite a lot of work. You might have been better off going with a fake sax sample, at least it wouldn't be doing all this weird stuff in terms of performance or have these out of tune issues.

Another issue I had was the sparseness of the mix. You had one, two or three basic elements going on at one time. More attention needs to be paid to how full the mix sounds. Here, I don't hear that happening.

This is a joke mix? Why is this on the panel seriously? Is this even a joke mix, I don't hear anything funny or entertaining or horribly bad here to laugh.

Keep working at it. You have potential, but you need more practice. This needs work in all categories. NO