Bass guitar

http://soundcloud.com/aires/air3s-hes-a-ninja

I have a question, how phoney/fake does the bass guitar in this song sound?

Im deciding to buy a very cheap bass guitar to use with Di (80-$200 range).

I am in need of a bass guitar so I can make some better/realistic basslines with slides, slaps and all that good stuff.

But I also need to know how good the 4front bass vst im using sounds like so I can decide how urgent a bass guitar really is on my list of things to buy.

Im getting a bit tired of hiding the sound of the bass because of how it sounds.

I dunno, I have been able to make 4Front Bass work decently for me in the past. I don't use it now whenever possible, but it's not terrible if used correctly. I used it on an old version of this track:

http://soundcloud.com/timaeus222/burning-spirit-metal-mix

Now I use Trilian, actually, and contrary to what SnappleMan was saying, it does sound real to me, and it probably will sound real if it's sequenced really well or if you play live really well... like Eric Persing does.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to recommend. Possibly Shreddage Bass, but I haven't used it. I think it would be the best choice though, simply because of the fact that I have Shreddage guitar and that library has worked well for me.

whenever i can't live bass i've been using "Naturally Decaying Bass Guitars.sf2" since forever. sounds like butt on its own, but run it through an amp sim and it's not totally terrible.

p.s. run your shit through an amp sim.

assuming you aren't doing that already.

but if you're gonna drop money don't buy samples just buy a bass. i'm assuming you already have an interface. buy one of those chinese rondo basses or something. they're supposedly okay. i mean, my rondo strat is okay. i haven't tried any of the basses.

also,

fool many less experienced people
it does sound real to me
snicker

Many years ago I bought a cheapo $80 bass from musicians friend or someplace similar, it arrived in a thin cardboard box, got a piece of the body chipped off because of the ABSOLUTELY ZERO AMOUNT of packing materials used (it was literally a thin flimsy cardboard box STAPLED TOGETHER). Anyway, this shitty bass was a piece of crap till I followed some youtube tutorial about setting it up properly, and it became a wonderful sounding and playing bass that I still use today!

seriously the fucking box it came in was the same thickness of cardboard as a cereal box, no joke... so bad...

What about this guy? :<

http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=31287

(He uses a Rickenbacker 4003)

Lol indeed! but the time of need for bass on demand is approaching a lot sooner then I thought!

-------------------------------------

Thank you guys, I will check some of these out and see if I can buy one off a pawn shop for a very cheap price