Jonas "Platonist" Loman gets his freakin' degree...

Platonist

Hi folks.

I know I haven't been very active and/or subbing new remixes over the past 3 years, there's a good reason for this. I've been working my ass of at the infamous Producer-Factory called Linnaeus University.

... and now, I finally have my Music Production degree. It's only a Foundation degree so far (or rather the Swedish equivalent of that), but it might turn into a bachelor degree later on.

With that said, I can promise you that I'll sub something shortly!!!!!! :)

...and because I love you so much and how much this community & site has given me, I'd like to share a snippet of my degree project. I turned it into a video and threw it up on them youtubes...

info on the project:

the arrangement was created from three short acoustic loops I recorded, using timestretching, beatslicing and heavily planned effect chains, like eqs, comps, bitcrushers, filters, adsr manipulations, distorsion, reverb, delay etc...

I only added the vocals in the last minute, it wasn't part of the objective and I only added it to make my presentation interesting. So if my singing sucks. Please bear with me. I'm not a professional vocalist. :oops:

this is only one song out of 5 in the project, and I wrote it back when I left my home town for the first time, and it's about that experience, escapism in the 21st century, and the way that we look at the world with the internet in our cradles... :<

and here's the video:

http://youtu.be/b3FZ5kJuY7Q?hd=1

hope you like it. and look forward to my next OC ReMix, it's in the mastering phase now! :-D

cheers,

one tired music producer