Mythic Mist (Mystic Cave Sonic 2)

PirateCrab

This is a pretty rockin' mix, good amount of variation of theme, has that nice dirt feel so characteristic of the original. Guitar is just mwah, love that shit.

Submit this thing. :D

Hope t'see more of ya in the future.

Thank you dude! Appreciate it so much haha! :D

Song has been submitted, just waiting for it to pass through the queue. I can wholeheartedly promise that you shall be seeing more of me too! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds pretty awesome man. In terms of the dynamics, I think it wouldn't hurt if you had a section that slowed everything down. Maybe add some clean electric guitars to slow the pace down, along with good use of cymbals. Keyboards wouldn't hurt, I'd love to help. I'm currently looking at this song to do my own cover with keyboard leads.

But honestly I think this sounds perfect for the length. Killer guitars... Honestly there's no need to slow anything down that's less than 3 minutes. Awesome job.

I'd say the kick and snare need to cut through better, and the rhythm guitar should be a bit softer while the leads should be a bit louder. It feels like the rhythm guitar is overpowering the leads.

Try sidechaining the kick and bass, notching the EQ of the bass where the kick is, and using a compressor to lower the volume of the rhythm guitar and raise the volume of the leads (for the compressor, try 0.5dB to the leads and -0.5dB to the rhythm guitar.

Pretty rockin'. The only potential issue is a lack of dynamic range. Without a break in the action or a quieter section, the head-banging heavy metal gradually loses impact the longer it goes on. If you played more with the duality of face-melting shreddage versus simmering intensity, the contrast would make all parts of the song more effective, imo.

But honestly, it still sounds really good to me. I could totally see this passing the panel. Plenty of originality, convincing production... very solid. Hard to find much to improve outside of a nitpick here and there, at least to my relatively untrained ear. Nice work.

As much as I hate metal, this was a great remix. You learned those riffs perfectly, and it sounded so good on guitar.

My only problem is that I don't feel I'm getting enough from the drums. The drums are mixed fine, they just need to be turned up more and maybe compressed to pop up a little bit more clearly.

But great remix overall. :)

Woh haha, been a while since I checked this, I thought it had just pushed to the back!

Many thanks to everyone guys, I appreciate all the constructive criticism and awesome feedback.

I'd worked on this track so much that I'd completely fatigued my ears to the point where I just couldn't pick out what to improve next. I most definitely need a new snare sample to pull it through, I definitely don't want to compress anymore than I already have or it's gonna sound like pure fizz!

Dynamics were never really something I was aiming for in this track to be totally honest, I just wanted it to be a complete head banger, one rocking riff to the next. That's definitely something I can look at for my next track though!

Again, many thanks to everyone! If it doesn't pass the panel I'll most definitely be re-working it! :)