djpretzel

Hi djpretzel

Please find below my details;

Contact Info

Remixer Name: Fizobi

Your real name: Fizobi

Your email address: contact@fizobi.com

Your website: http://www.fizobi.com

UserID: I think it’s 32849 (my forum username is Fizobi though if that helps)

ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed: Metroid Prime (and a little bit from Super Metroid)

Name of individual songs ReMixed: I’ve mixed The Main Title Theme from Metroid Prime and the Brinstar (Green) theme from Super Metroid

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,

Fizobi

Yeah the title theme from Metroid Prime is probably one of my favorite melodies in the whole game. Awesome choice there.

I don't like what you did with it though. The lead's constant retriggering along with the electric piano's syncopated line, gets annoying fast. There's just not enough material here to warrant the length, so the song gets filled up with pretty much the same thing over and over again.

The sounds are also pretty thin, though they do fit together nicely, in that mid-90s MS-DOS shareware kind of way.

Needs more I think.

NO

Metroid Prime & Fusion Original Soundtracks - (01) "Title"

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/sm.rsn - "Brinstar Red Soil Swampy Area" (sm-20.spc)

I'm just kind of guessing at the source tunes offhand, since I'm not as familiar with the various Brinstar themes as I should be, but I certainly recognize the melodies here.

Texture is really thin, though DS has a good point about it working (a little bit) in that nostalgic MD-DOS way.

In any case, the texture is dry, the sounds are thin and annoying, and the arrangement is underdeveloped. Not even anything to add here.

NO

I'm digging the vibe here, it sounds like late 80s/early 90's low budget stuff. I do like the instrumentation, like the synth bells (yes, I have a weakness to that). However, this doesn't really have much substance. It's rather basic and repetitive. On top of that it's rather repetitive and underdeveloped compositionally. This needs more expansion in the conceptual stage. More instruments to thicken the texture would help a lot.

I personally enjoyed this from a personal and nostalgic perspective, but beyond that this needs quite a lot of work in the categories mentioned.

NO