Contact Info

Your ReMixer name: Elentor

Your real name: Fernando Pires

Your email address: elentor@gmail.com

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Final Fantasy VI

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Shadow's Theme

Name of remix: Shadow Hearts

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Sent this a while ago (almost a year) but I never saw it on the panel... believe it fell into nothingness... so I'm sending it again.

It's a Shadow's Theme Remix (FF6). It's a little non-linear and I played a lot with the original sound, added parts etc, because the original tune is too linear and repetitive.

The music can be downloaded here:

It's not as professional as it could be, but I'm a 3D Artist, not a professional composer :D I hope you people enjoy anyway...

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/ct.rsn - "Shadow" (ff6-111.spc)

Decent instrumentation concept, though the atmosphere was very muddy right off the bat and the samples were thin in texture (despite the effects in play) and very artificial-sounding, oftentimes exposed and GM quality.

Track picked up with additional layers of strings at 1:21. The piano run at 1:59 was a good idea, but pretty ugly in the performance.

Arrangement was unfortunately really conservative. Some instrumentation variation was there within the track, but didn't prevent the arrangement itself from dragging after essentially treading over the theme verbatim several times.

Conceptually, I do like the idea of giving Shadow's Theme more zest, but the end result here is weak. Scout out the ReMixing forums for better samples you can use for free, and study there along with getting feedback from the Works forum to obtain more criticism for future works.

NO

I'd tone down the cutoff frequency on the delay effect so it doesn't sound like default FLStudio delay.

Problem straight off the bat is that this sounds mechanical. You need to the give the human touch to the melody of the shadow theme. The key change at 0:37 didn't sound right, the arpeggio's in the background don't sound like they're playing the right notes.

From about 1:00 it starts getting really generic, like you've lost your way. The piece could have used a switchup to something else at this point, rather than staying with the strumming guitar and strings, perhaps jumping to some percussion and electric guitar? Dunno, worth a shot.

From 2:00 you've completely lost the theme, the strumming doesn't sound real anymore either, and the piano is noticeably fake. At least the theme has come back in.

Overall I think this piece would benefit from a complete rework. You have some nice sounds and idea's in there. But you need to work on an A-B-A switchup rather than the generic ramble you have in the middle of the piece at the moment. Give the guitar a human touch and get a realistic sounding piano, and you might have a really nice remix of shadow's theme in the future. Since I love Shadow's theme so much, and it's so under remixed, I would enjoy it if you could pull this off.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

something's wrong...the melody is altered in a very odd rhythmic way, such that it's hard to tell where the measures end and begin. the string echo on the guitar is confusing and ugly. The string (singular) continues to be akward. try some...chords. the rhythm guitar plays some akward chords...this track is just quite akward.

NO