Raptor Call of the Shadows (Bravo Sector Remix)

Colth

Not a bad first attempt.

The first thing that bothered me was the snare at 0:24. Try getting a sample with more punch and a shorter tail. If your DAW can, try shortening the tail in your DAW and lowering the wet on the reverb by about 10%.

The kick also sounds like the generic FL Studio template kick. Actually, it just might be that same sample. Are you using FL's default 4 drum samples?

At 0:38, the lead sounds like its sustain is too low and the release is what is carrying the note along. Basically it sounds like a note is pressed and then let go really quickly with some added reverb, but not exactly like that. In short, make the note capable of lasting longer and add some vibrato expression on there.

The "YAH" wub at 0:58 might be overused like that; it feels mechanical since the same vowel instance is repeated in a machine-gun-like fashion. See if you can't modify that patch to be more dynamic. Have the vowel change somehow, maybe through linking a slow LFO? 1 cycle per 2 seconds might work. Usually that's listed as "2/1". I'm thinking though that that sound is just the only one in the patch to begin with. :|

I think you can make 1:39 shine some more. Sounds like an action-filled section, or at least, it could be. Might be a good time to change up the drum rhythm there. Maybe even add an organ solo after that section?

The ending was pretty cool. That works for me.

Again, not bad, just needs some sample upgrading, expression, and more polish.