OCR01432 - *YES* Commander Keen 5 'Slick Rippin' Keen' *PRIORITY*

djpretzel

Greetings!

As you are hopefully aware, I have been working on a project quite some time now, known as "The American Album."

As the release draws near, I am hereby sending you what has been acclaimed as the "catchiest" track off the album for Overclocked Remix front page feature to coincide with the release of the album.

You may download the mix directly here:

But if you have a minute I would highly suggest visiting the page I created for this specific remix release: , where you may read more details regarding the project. I have also provided a cover graphic from the game, considering this will be the first Commander Keen 5 remix on Overclocked.

The album will be released by December 1st, so stay tuned. I will send you an e-mail as soon as I officially unveil it. It may be much sooner than December 1st, at the rate I'm going.

If there are ANY problems with this, please let me know as soon as possible so we may reach another arrangement.

Thanks a million,

Mazedude

http://www.mazedude.com/aa

That bassline sounds so familiar, like I've heard it in a pop-song before somewhere. Can't quite recall where though, it's in the source file of the music so maybe the original artist was influenced somewhere along the lines.

The quality of this piece is so good, much like everything else on the album. Mazedude's gone to extreme lengths to make sure each track is crisp, clear and enjoyable to the ear. This piece is one of my three favourite tracks off the album. It stays very faithful to the source right the way through, but shows the usual Mazedude improvements and reinterpretations throughout. This remix would probably be considered more conservative than Mazedude's other stuff.

Still as it is, it's a very enjoyable piece, and I can't see any issues with it. Glow Worm Jim next plz.

YES

http://www.commander-keen.com/midi-music/make-it-tighter.mid - "Make It Tighter"

Cool, yo. "Too bad" per se that the album came out sooner than expected so that we couldn't have posted this right on the day of release, but it's good to get the finished album out there sooner (you know what I mean, I'm sure).

Gonna be brief since it's just about confirming the source material and arrangement. I'm sincerely glad to see something from The American Album get subbed, as I had a chance to start playing some of it on my show and have been casually listening to it. I was actually going to play this on VGF72 this coming Saturday, as I'm doing tracks 4-6, so I'm already familiar with the layout.

Solid tracker material here and the arrangement is definitely there without a doubt. I like Chris getting back to some of the decidedly more interpretive arrangement. This is really hooking it up with the Mazedude SPICES. No issues at all; let's get it up there ASAP.

That bassline sounds so familiar, like I've heard it in a pop-song before somewhere. Can't quite recall where though, it's in the source file of the music so maybe the original artist was influenced somewhere along the lines.

Oh, it's no "maybe" at all. It's a definitely. Besides, I think you already answered your own question above...

YES :lol:

this is a wonderfully expansive take on the original with the attention to detail that mazedude excels at.

unlike some of his recent submissions, this one didn't leave me with any doubts

yes

Mazedude is the only man I would seriously consider to engage in man-secks, with the possible exception of Tom Cruise, but that is really niether here nor there, nor very pertinent to the conversation at hand.

In any event, Mazedude is that which all music aspires to be. In all the lands of all the worlds that have ever existed, has there ever been such a man as Mazedude? All things serve Mazedude!

YES

Oh, and the song's pretty decent too.