*NO* Mega Man 2 'Technoqily'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman2.zip - Track 19

I mean, what else can I say? It's a dope MIDI/FL n00b mix, but the quality isn't that strong relative to what we have around here. You gotta be Doctor Fruitcake, Israfel or Shnabubula to really be trickin' out the "lower quality" sounds here and using them to their best potential.

The instrument quality is alright for what this is. Certainly hearing some stuff that's higher quality than a lot of MIDIs, but at the same time, the texture is ultimately still lacking. And, while it has some cool ideas and sounds, the arrangement is conservative and underdeveloped. 1:51 ain't cuttin' shit. If it's a MIDI, sumbit this to VGMusic and pimp it out if you haven't already. Otherwise, FL n00bery.

NO

The source sounded familiar to me, and I've never played Megaman 2 so I was wondering why, and remembered there's a remix of this on OCR already I think, called "Chillout". Good mix.

As for this one. It's really lacking in inspiration. Beats are basic. Synths are basic and dry. The lead is flat, doesn't really hold the interest of the listener. The lower synth that comes in later was a nice touch, but then it's still playing the same melody note for note. The beats continue to repeat in the background, no real changes beyond the basic break.

Overall, not bad for a rip. But yeah, more inspiration, creativity and uniqueness next time.

NO