*NO* Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden 2 'Vegeta 192'

djpretzel

Email sub file Vegeta 192.mp3

Hello out there !

I'm a french musician who has just found your web site and I'd like to share my remix of a super nes game: Dragon Ball Z 2 Battle

The remix is the Vegeta Stage Music...

I've done it with Fruity Loops 5 for the Drum Parts, and some multitrack Softwares for putting in it all the guitars...

See ya !!

Johnny Rico

Trouvez vos fichiers en un clin d’œil : Windows Desktop Search http://desktop.msn.fr/

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/dbzb2.rsn - "Vegeta's Theme" (dbzb2-05.spc)

Heh. That original's pretty badass. Hope the music was created for the game. Seems like it, anyway, but it's a moot point unfortunately.

Well, the lead guitar is way too quiet and distant for some of the sections. The supporting guitar and drums are actually louder until :30. Same problem from :58-1:11 and later on. You don't seem to be having that issue with the chorus though. Wish I had my headphones, as the guitars sound ok on the whole, but seem too subdued; the expressiveness is undermined by the relatively low volume. Would need some other Js to confirm or deny.

Much more mission critical here is that the drums are lame and are holding the track back. They're very default-sounding and unexpressive, plus the patterns are uncreative. It's all a shame because you have some good performance going with the guitar work, including the fairly well put together multitracking.

For all the flack people using synth guitars get ("OMG, get a REEL guitar playa!"), I'm almost tempted to tell some of the scene guitarists to get some real fucking drummers. But seriously, read up on what other guitarists like SnappleMan have said in the ReMixing forum about creating powerful drums that won't sound so tepid and uncreative.

Address the sound balance issues and improve both the writing and the realism of the drums, and you'd be in better shape.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Nice guitar playing, but this isn't all that different from the original song. It follows the original arrangement quite closely, and gives off a general BGM feel, as opposed to being its own song.

Drums are really static, but there are some nice fills here and there. Guitar solos are cool, but the lead guitar sounds far in the back of the mix; everything else is a bit louder, so it all sounds unbalanced.

Fadeout on the solo is kind of a cop-out ending. I don't mind fadeouts, but you never brought the song back to the melody, so the whole thing ended up feeling incomplete.

I'd like to hear a longer version with more variation and more attention paid to balancing the instruments.

NO rework/resub

• 2 weeks later...

I was typing this whole write up then I noticed Darkesword said the same things...scrapping the write up and to be brief, I'll agree with what Darke essentially said.

The performance is at times pedestrian but it there were some jewels of a moment in there. I'd like to hear more supporting material in both composition and instrumentation. Maybe a keyboard/synth/pad - something to add a more interesting or change of texture.

Not bad at all, keep working at it. At this point though, this needs quite a bit of work. NO