OCR02766 - *YES* Final Fantasy 6 'Ghetto Palm'

OceansAndrew

I've gotta say, I like what you've done here. This is a very restrained, additive mix that doesn't grab you right away and evolves at a very slow pace. However, I find it engaging all the same because of how your melodies morph and change up along with the dynamic curve of the song... it's the little change-ups that count here.

Overall I'm really feeling the tact that you put into arranging this theme into an unexpected and unconventional style. It doesn't really need to have any flashy transitions or massive breakdowns, it just works.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Source usage: :45.25-2:15.5, 2:48-2:54, 3:11-3:17, 3:32-3:38, 3:46.25-5:15 - way over the line

Cool arrangement approach. Definitely agreed with Emu on how the approach isn't meant to be dramatic twists and turns. This piece has got great energy, a solid arrangement, and cool production.

The middle section basically does its own thing, bookended by the other two sections working extensively with the source. During that middle, it sounded like Alex used a J-E-N-O-V-A cameo from 2:48-2:54, 3:11-3:17 & 3:32-3:38 (which I'll count, even if it wasn't intentional, since the notes were dead on).

The tempo's pretty steady, but this ended up evolving nicely and doing a great job of giving off a retro-futuristic vibe, like something you'd hear in a dark, 80's vision of the future, kind of like Blade Runner. Maybe Tron too (wouldn't know, haven't seen it). :lol: Good stuff, Alex!

YES

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely a chill mix, and damn, that compression is too much for me; the arrangement is solid and subtle, but the level of compression is hurting my ears. I think some sidechaining would make this feel a lot better to me, so it's not sounding like a massive pressure being smooshed on me.

Ease up on the compression and i'm cool with this, but as-is, it's just too much. :-(

No, please resubmit