Metroid Prime 2:Echoes - Sanctuary Fortress

Rare

hey everyone, i have been lurking around this site for about 4 years now and decided i wanted to take part in the awesomeness of remixing. :D

anyways... i dont have any gear for recording live sounds and right now all i have is garageband since my finale is glitching out saying its no longer registered after 3 years. but heres an arrangement of MP2:E's sanctuary fortress in a bit of a dnb style

Digital Haven

im calling it done for the moment due to lack of gear and such, but i will continue to work on it when i have time.

Hey! So, you're a fan of Rare then I take it?

Glad you've decided to take the plunge and register! I'm listening to your remix now - I started out on Garageband and recognise a lot of these sounds! Garageband's great for arranging and getting ideas down quickly, but sadly lacking in production options. Keep practicing and improving though and you'll do well - sounds way better than my stuff used to :D

In the great shopping mall of life, the Prime series is one store you can't go into without coming out with some good music.

Some of the sounds are more reminiscent of straight-up 8-bit music, which is a direction the Prime music didn't moon jump in very often. Very cool.

I started out in Garageband, but I guess I didn't spend enough time with it to recognize many sounds. For me, your limited library isn't holding this mix back. I like it!

• 3 weeks later...

hey, thanks for the great comments, ive been away for a bit due to computer problems, but im hoping to have those resolved and even (fingers crossed) upgraded soon. i have a small favor to ask for anyone willing to take a few minutes to do it... i am going to school to eventually write/work on video game music and i would like to use this as my first profile piece in the VG genre, though it desperately needs an upgrade to the sound quality. anyone willing to take a minute and comment, please, tear this piece apart and let me know what can/should/needs to be fixed.

also @darksim, yeah old rare is awesome, but rarelel is an old gamertag that basically became me and i prefer rare for short :)