*NO* Legend of Zelda 1-3, Link's Awakening 'Zelda Suite'

DragonAvenger

Song Link:

Username:

CallofOrion

Jonathan Sterling

Games Arranged:

The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening Medley

Song Title:

I Am Error

Songs Arranged:

LoZ: Title Theme, Dungeon Theme

AoL: Title Theme

ALttP: Rain Scene, Light World Theme, Dark World Theme

LA: The Ballad of the Wind Fish

Composers:

LoZ, ALttP, LA: Kōji Kondō

AoL: Akito Nakatsuka

Original Orchestrated Medley:

More Info:

This is my rock remix of an orchestral arrangement that I had fallen in love with years ago. I had always wanted to do a rock remix since the first time I had heard it. Finally, almost ten years later I did it.

All guitar work is my doing along with the help of a friend to get a real performance for the percussion section instead of just using a VST program.

Thanks for the consideration!

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely some good playing here, and the drums are also very good. Unfortunately, with this being a straight mix based off the orchestral arrangement I don't think this can be a mix that is for OCR. Combined with that is the medley aspect, where some of the transitions are pretty rough (I'd say so of the original as well).

I really hope you send something of your own arrangement our way, because you guys have some good playing chops. Otherwise, unfotunately, this is a

NO

Yeah, even if this wasn't based off the Hyrule Symphony arrangement, some of the transitions were pretty weak. That said, the performances were pretty good. It's a cool rock interpretation here of the Hyrule Symphony arrangement, but the arrangement is basically adapted from someone else's work.

Even if we were to allow an arrangement of a previous professional arrangement (it's been done: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01164/), even more would need to be done for this arrangement to comparatively stand apart from the source arrangement.

I'll come back to this later after I more closely compare the two versions, but I wouldn't NO Override it outright.

Regardless of eligibility for OCR, the guitars are thin and the drums are in a totally different space from them and that's enough of a dealbreaker right there. I also think that the medley aspect is a problem, there's not enough cohesiveness here. The production is pretty good otherwise, and the playing is great, so you guys have a lot of things lining up. Please work on that production and send us more!

NO

Yeah, right off the bat the guitar tone is extremely thin and cheap sounding. It's a shame, because I really enjoy your guys' performance but the guitar tone is a dealbreaker for me, without even considering the medley aspect.

Sorry guys :\ Not much more that can be said here. You've got some talent for sure, but this type of arrangement isn't really what OCR is looking for.

Good luck with future subs!

NO