Link to the arrangement:

Contact info

--

ReMixer Name: Jago

E-mail address: sgtking71@yahoo.com

ReMix info

--

Name of game remixed: Fire Emblem

Name of individual song remixed: track 3 from the NSF file (name unknown)

My own comments: This is a remix from track #3 in the NSF file from Fire Emblem. After doing primarily fast-paced orchestral arrangements from other video games, I wanted to slow things down a bit with this one. Track #3 consists of only two channels: one is the melody and the other is the arpeggio providing the chord progressions. I wanted to keep this arrangement very simple so the listener can simply sit back and relax.

The piano performs the melody as the pizzicato strings provide the arpeggio, though other instruments are added in this arrangement. I hope you enjoy this Fire Emblem arrangement called "Tranquillity".

Do You Yahoo!?

Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/femblem.zip - Track 3

Not a bad sounding arrangement of the source material transposed to piano and small orchestration, but it sounds awfully cookie cutter with the sounds. Probably just a result of hearing these samples too many times, as they were perfectly reasonable albeit noticeably synthetic-sounding, but I'd be lying if I said this sounded special.

A second iteration of the source melody came at 1:24 with some minor instrumentation changes, most notably the brass synth on support. Not sure what was up with 1:46 as the transition to the chorus was beyond bad and really hurt the flow of the track.

Chorus again at 1:48 with more stuff in play, but the overall feel here is too samey, making the arrangement sound underdeveloped. And there was still 1 minute left, so not a good sign. Pretty much went "verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse" with little meaningful deviation from the formula. I appreciate the subtle changes in the instrumentation from verse to verse, but that wasn't enough.

Finally got more personal flair with the melody at 2:11, though it was relatively brief and minor. Play around with things a bit more. The effort is there and the results are alright. The arrangement is just underdeveloped, and, like you said in your e-mail, simple. To me it's too simple, as the piano and pizz strings don't different themselves enough from the feel of the NSF.

I felt like this was clearly in the right direction in an expansionist sense, but needs more personalization if the arrangement is going to be this straightforward. You'd be better served developing more ideas for this track. Promising start, Steve. I look forward to hearing future works.

NO

• 5 weeks later...

Larry's Notes!: to "transpose" means to change a song's key. This remix is not transposed from the original, and even if it were, it wouldnt be the word you meant to use.

This has been another episode of: Larry's Notes!

So this remix is conservative...it sounds good, and your initial take on the original is fine, close to the original, but you add a little flair. that's fine, as long as you then develop the track in your own direction, which you dont do until the very end. I'd say keep the first time thru the melody, then skip ahead to the sectionaround 2:10 where you do some creative stuff, and develop the shit out of that.

More you, less original.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/femblem.zip - Track 3

Not a bad sounding arrangement of the source material transposed to piano and small orchestration, but it sounds awfully cookie cutter with the sounds. Probably just a result of hearing these samples too many times, as they were perfectly reasonable albeit noticeably synthetic-sounding, but I'd be lying if I said this sounded special.

Oh please, the samples sound fine. :P

The production on this is pretty damn nice man. Good sound, nice woodwind samples. I love that clarinet.

As far as the arrangement goes, I'm in agreement. It's a nice adaptation, but you need to bring more originalty to the song. The stuff you added in the background is great, but I'd like to see more of it. Try passing the melody around; give it to that clarinet!

NO (resub plz)