3D Ultra Pinball: Creep Night - "Main Theme" (Orchestra)

Chernabogue

So, it's been a WHILE since I wanted to do justice to one of the greatest games of my childhood. Its music is just fantastic, even if it's only MIDI.

It's orchestra-only, with ominous elements, just like I like to do it. The song sounds cartoonish because of the game's theme and it brings an Elfman vibe to it.

I'd really want to have this one posted, so ALL feedback will be greatly appreciated!

REMIX V2

(sorry, it is in-game and has SFX - couldn't find a good version as it's an old game)

Huheahueahu this is haunting and fun at the same time! :razz: In some moments there's plenty of things going on, and you were able to make them all fit well and play a useful role in the mix. Kewl!

I think what's mostly an issue here is overcompression, which seems to be causing some contrast between reverberating and dry sounds. I wonder how it'll turn out if you turn your compressor off for a moment to adjust some volume levels (ie organ sounds pretty loud at times)?

Ah, now, it's a lot clearer for me where the volume issues take place. You may turn down the brass velocities during 1:16-1:22, 2:19-2:20; and just a lil' bit at 1:48, 1:54, 2:04, 2:14 and 2:20. At least those parts were the most overbearing for me. I also expressed myself wrong about the organ in the first version. It was generally fine, and the only part where it sounded noisy was 1:13-1:16.

I wonder what the judges would say about that raw sound btw. I actually like it a lot, feels like Vampire Hunter Dan's style. Violin samples are not the 8th wonder of the world, but I'd say it's good enough and works well within the context. (: