Xbox 720* Dead on Arrival?

Soul Splint

That's a scary thought but I dunno how accurate it is. I mean they've already announced exclusives that will be better than that, not to mention ZombiU which is just awesome.

Also on another topic, on PC vs. Console:

http://i.imgur.com/Jn8ERft.jpg

RAGE is 22gb on PC..... If next-gen consoles go download only, can you really see downloading like 30gb per game? How will that even be a financially viable option for them... to include a 1tb hard drive and still be competitive? Not to mention people would have to download that, with the state of internet in the US? There's still so many ISPs with data caps. There's still so many people who have dialup or DSL (300Kb/s even)

We used to get consoles as a kid and need some crazy RF adapter or something and our parents would have to run to the store on Christmas Day evening and we'd cry like little Bitch Babies, how much are the next generation of Bitch Babies going to cry when they have to download each game for 3 weeks?

Going down my Steam list, it looks like just about every game is between 6GBs and 10GBs. Assassin's Creed III & Diablo III are 15GBs and that's my largest outside of World of Warcraft which weighs in at a hefty 22.9GBs. They were all digital downloads.

Granted, that means 1-3 Terrabytes will have to be standard unless they're going to release stuff on flash media.

(Why don't we do that BTW? Is eSata and USB3 not good enough yet or what? Why can't we hotswap carts now?)

Going down my Steam list, it looks like just about every game is between 6GBs and 10GBs. Assassin's Creed III & Diablo III are 15GBs and that's my largest outside of World of Warcraft which weighs in at a hefty 22.9GBs. They were all digital downloads.

Granted, that means 1-3 Terrabytes will have to be standard unless they're going to release stuff on flash media.

(Why don't we do that BTW? Is eSata and USB3 not good enough yet or what? Why can't we hotswap carts now?)

How many of those games you looked at are designed for PC? That's why I specifically used RAGE as an example. Even Skyrim started at like 5gb or something, that's just ridiculous, but yeah, Skyrim was not designed for PC. Or else it'd be like..... 20gb :-P totally uncompressed

One of my friends on facebook said "I hope this means there won't be compression like on game discs" and I just thought... well no, this means there's the potential for things to be even MORE compressed so that they download quicker... eh?

• 2 weeks later...
In fact, it needs a Google Hangout/Skype group chat solution too. And it needs to work in-game. It's fucking 2013.

Xbox Live already does this. It's called Party. I love talking to my friends while I play a game. Sometimes we play the same game, sometimes we're playing different games. It's an easy and fun way for us to communicate because they live far enough away that I can't go and see them that often.

Sorry, I didn't clarify, I mean a VIDEO chat solution similar to Google Hangout or Skype Group Chat. The Party feature is a good start, and far beyond everyone else, but it's still falls short of what they're trying to achieve with XBOX Live. They want a virtual living room/arcade experience, and they NEED video chat for that. Though I'm not sure INTERNET connections are their yet, with the codecs, P2P, and streaming capabilities we have now they might be able to figure something out.

Let's not forget something here: XBOX 360 came out in 2005. The Playstation 3 game out in 2006. The first iPhone came out in 2007, and the first Android Phone came out a year after that. Since then we've seen improved usability in mobile phones. Dual and Quadcore mobile phones. Crazy GPUs and high definition resolution in mobile phones, near field communication, a new USB version, Google Glass, literally ALL KINDS of ridiculous leaps in technology have made their way to the consumer market since these consoles have come out. Let's see them actually make some good use of it.