Lavender Town - Pokemon!

TiMsHeL

I agree with Kammo - this is very repetitive and I feel like you could cut it down drastically and not lose anything unique in the arrangement. Also, is this the actual Lavender Town theme? Cos I'm not hearing any of the actual melody in this. Try trimming it down, adding more variation, and putting in some melodic lines. That should help.

Personally, I don't think the tempo-changes add to the song. Maybe from one to the other, but the constant changing back and forth is kind of jarring to be honest. Mixing-wise, it sounds like every element is side-chained to the kick, and too me it's too harsh of a duck every time the kick goes off.

As said previously, it could use some variation throughout, also I don't feel like you got the most out of the Lavender Town melody. The first notes are there through the whole song but we never really get to hear the iconic main-verse.

Hope this didn't come off as harsh, the track has potential, it just needs to be reworked a bit :)

I feel like the introduction does not fit well with the feeling you have going on right after the drop. The drums by themselves have a harsh articulation on their own. The wub that backs the track was very repetitive and ended up getting a bit annoying, as it never changed (no leveling or even effects were changed on the wub) so I would suggest a bit of variety. I feel like you could have added a bit more to the drops, as the others before me have said. It feels like it should go somewhere larger, not just with a tempo change, but the instrumentation should change instead!

Also, hello fellow East of Eden fan! :D

I think there's a huge laziness on your part because the mixing and production isn't all that bad, but you might as well have sampled someone saying 'stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself' and loop that for 8 minutes.

Also, why 8 minutes? As you worked on it, what gave you the impression that it needed to be longer than 2? Why did you stop at 8 and not go for 12 minutes? 16 minutes?