*NO* Guilty Gear X 'Guilty As Charged'

djpretzel

ReMixer Name: Cerrax Records

Email: ckoch@cerrax.com

UserID: Ummmm.......?

ReMix Title: Guilty As Charged

Game ReMixed: Guilty Gear X

Song ReMixed: Still In The Dark

I really loved this song from Guilty Gear X but I got tired of hearing the same hard rock/metal throughout the soundtrack, so I decided to put an electronica/trance spin on this powerful piece. Hope its up to snuff.

Link (please keep the link posted even if rejected. thanks)

http://www.cerrax.com/Guilty%20As%20Charged.mp3

Guilty Gear X Heavy Rock Tracks ~ The Original Sound Track of Dreamcast - (20) "Still in the Dark"

Why did the synth guitar briefly brought in here sound like had a bunch of hiss at :06? Anyway, pretty generic FL-style stuff built the intro until the track got started at :39.

Some ultra-basic sounding clap/percussion patterns came in at :52. We're talking old-school DarkeSword territory, only even more basic. Notwithstanding that the patterns themselves aren't interesting, they also repeat too much, so work on writing more creative, ore varied percussion.

A nearly naked electric guitar synth plays the source melody at 1:10, sounding very beginner-ish. Not really much going on with the arrangement, though there were at least a brief spot like 2:13-2:26 trying to do its own thing. Still, not much going on beyond a basic-level genre adaptation.

Really not much to say about the sounds and construction here other than that this was very beginner-ish. The instrumentation's pretty boring, the arrangement isn't particularly creative, the ideas are repetitive, the track lacks a good texture. Even the mix title is lame and generic. There's probably 80 other people who have said at one point in time: "What do I name my Guilty Gear mix? Oh, I know, 'Guilty as Charged.'" Thumbs down.

In any case, you seem to be enjoying your time in the community and sharing your WIPs. Keep frequenting the ReMixing forum to learn more about Fruity or whatever programs you're using, and continue to make use of the Works forum for fan feedback.

NO

Production here needs a lot of work all around. Very basic and generic drums, synths, guitars. Mixing between the different parts is not logical in what parts are brought out (eg. pads over lead + drums?). There's not a lot of variation in the percussion or in the synth textures. Arrangement is really basic and it loses all of the energy that the original has. This might have been accepted a few years ago on OCR but right now it just needs work in every area. Keep at it.

NO

Yeah, definitely old school DarkeSword drums. Boomhiss ftw (;)). Anyway, I've got to agree that this sounds pretty basic in terms of sound design. It can't decide if it's going for that old-school analog sound or some trancier stuff. Nice lead, but I think the percussion and bass need more synergy. They feel independant of each other, rather than working together to establish the pulse.

Development is pretty flat-line throughout the whole song too. Needs more highs and lows; breakout of the generic trance.

NO