*NO* Sonic & Knuckles 'Speed Battery (RockHound) Double Act'

djpretzel

email sub file Speed Battery.mp3

I'm submitting my remix of the song on the Sonic and Knuckles level Flying Battery.

I hope i've filled in the correct tag details :) Sorry about having to use an attachment

My ReMixer name -------------------------- Z-7eveN

My real name ------------------------------- Mike Turner

My email address -------------------------- acrossthenightmare@hotmail.co.uk

Name of game(s) ReMixed ------------ Sonic and Knuckles

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed- Flying Battery Act 1, Flying Battery Act 2

Thanks Dudes

Mike

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 18 Flying Battery Zone 1 & 19 Flying Battery Zone 2

Not terrible, but somewhat unwieldy and beginner-ish. The mixing sounded a bit sloppy. Not really much to this conservative arrangement but covering Act 1, then doing a transition at 1:12 and covering Act 2. At 2:55-long, it's pretty underdevloped for a mix that's supposed to be equal parts of 2 themes. Not much else to say.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

At first I thought I was listening to that "Loose Control" song from Rang de Basanti, but alas it was not meant to be.

Things started out nicely, but when the melody came in, everything got way too busy. Nice ideas with that defiltering stuff, but the rest of the song was a disappointement too. The leads you've chosen for this song don't sound too great; they don't work really well with the other sounds.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that you've just used sytrus presets for your sounds here. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it pays to take a greater hand in the sound design.

Needs a sound overhaul; cleaner sounds that work better together, along with some adjustments to your composition so that things don't start sounding crazy busy.

NO

The mixing is all over the place, lots of instruments/drums clashing with each other. This is in dire need of attention paid to panning and eq to carve out specific spaces between all the elements. For music in this genre, distinction is important.

The synths at the very least, if they are indeed presets (I don't use sytrus) need at least more automation, fx processing to spice things up.

So this needs more attention paid to the above issues, but also I'd like to see more expansion and liberties taken with the arrangement here. Add your own melody, harmony or change the structure to give it your own spin. It is a little on the conservative side in that regard for me.

I can see a lot of people enjoying this, I think you should post this in the OCR WIP/Completed forum to share your work. I'm sure there would be some that will dig this.

As is though, it's a NO I'm afraid. Keep at it.