Kontakt is randomly dropping all the samples I've loaded in

The most recent version of Kontakt in FL Studio 10 has been dropping my samples after starting up FL and loading a saved project. Sometimes, I'll get an error upon loading the project which says that Kontakt was unable to load or something to that effect. Other times, I get no error. In either case, the result is that when I open up the existing Kontakt plugin, all the samples I have loaded in are gone. It's just a blank slate, as if I had loaded a fresh Kontakt instance. If I go back to old versions of the project, sometimes the Kontakt plugins are preserved. Even weirder, on rare occasions, the version of the project which had this issue in the first place will occasionally load with the Kontakt samples intact.

Again, this issue ONLY ever arises after I have saved a project and reloaded it. I've never had any issues arise DURING a session in my DAW.

I'm also having another issue where occasionally, the samples will load, but they'll be glitchy. For instance, I have Studio Drummer loaded in, and the crash cymbals will cut out during playback halfway through the sample. It also sounds like somehow the samples are out of sync with the MIDI data at times?

What the hell is going on D:

Edited by ectogemia

Nothing is in bridged mode. I believe I'm using 64-bit plugins. It also seems to load properly more often through the normal FL .exe and NOT through the extended memory .exe. Now I'm really confused :(

If you are using 64 bit versions of Kontakt, you are in bridged mode as FL is still a 32 bit host. The FL bridge is sadly unstable. Have you tried using 32 bit Kontakt instances? You can save your multi (so you don't have to rebuild it), call up the new instance (32 bit Kontakt) and just load the multi.

I typically use only 32 bit plugins in FL. The only time I use 64 bit anything is if I'm absolutely at the max of memory (in a huge file), and then I only do the minimum amount of 64 bit instances (and wait for it to crash, haha).

Really? It's a bit slow loading, but at least for me it has never been unstable, and I only use 64bit plugins (at least the Komplete ones)

Lucky you! It has been unstable for me. Less so on my new (more powerful) computer, but I seem to have less need to use 64 bit plugins. When FL goes 64 bit native, that will change of course!