Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon. Will It Blend?

Will It Blend? That is the question...

My idea is blending two pieces of video game music from different games. The first is Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts:

And the second is New Bark Town from Pokémon GSC:

Two great sounds that sound great together, right? Well it's very difficult for me :( This is what I have so far:

I made it with Anvil Studio. What program should I use to improve or edit this? I'm just a beginner so this may be a good start.

EDIT: What I think should change:

- Less emphasis on percussion

- Use the same instrument throughout the main melody

Do you agree?

Edited by YuriTajento

Anvil Studio is totally not practical for full-on music production. :P I think first, you should decide what DAW you would be best suited to, and get acquainted.

Right now, the remix is too soft and plain. Less emphasis on percussion might not necessarily be good all the time, and you don't have to use the same instrument when sharing main melodies. :)

Well, if you're just wanting to write midi's, then I think Anvil Studio works fine. I used it to write small tracks out of boredom in high school computer classes and it was fun.

Try to make this into a full song and see if you can get a cool arrangement going here. Maybe if you integrate these well and make a cool arrangement, someone could actually produce the song. It sounds like you're just playing the two songs back to back right now though, and IMO it doesn't really make sense as a whole song. See what you can do.

(did it really take a month to write that though? That's a long time for such a short piece)

If you're getting started as a remixer, try the following:

http://sirnuts.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-budget-music-producer-kit.html

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13478

(AMT's version is dated but does have some helpful advice on procedure.)

By "helpful advice" do you mean like a tutorial in Reaper? Cause I could use that :P

In case you're talking about AMT''s own little tutorial, well, I can always use that with the newer version, right? :/

Also, I'm really curious: What do you guys think of the concept? Do you think these songs go together well? Can you imagine them flowing in eachother naturally?

Edited by YuriTajento