o Your ReMixer name - MjN

o Your real name - Mikko Niiranen

o Your email address - naikku@hotmail.com

o Your website - http://www.mikseri.net/mjn

o Your userid (number, not name) on our forums -

* ReMix Info

o Name of game(s) ReMixed - Mario Kart 64

o Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Rainbow Road

o Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc. - Oh it s there :)

o Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site

o Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. - It s just nice. I like it a lot.

Best regards,

Mikko Niiranen // Finland

http://www.zophar.net/usf/MarioKart64_usf.rar - 28 "Victory Lap"

Dunno why you said this was a mix of Rainbow Road in the submission letter, but oh well. Rearrangement was nearly non-existent, as this was structured exactly like the original. Basically an electronic genre conversion. The beats were basic and almost never changed up. The atmosphere was incredibly murky. Nice for a beginner, but this lack of creativity is everything we don't want.

Get more interpretive, and hit the ReMixing forum to learn how to get your material to sound cleaner while going for a loud dance techno sound. Then get some feedback from the unwashed masses in the Works forum to see where else they feel you need to improve.

http://www.zophar.net/usf/MarioKart64_usf.rar - 28 "Victory Lap"

Dunno why you said this was a mix of Rainbow Road in the submission letter, but oh well. Rearrangement was nearly non-existent, as this was structured exactly like the original. Basically an electronic genre conversion. The beats were basic and almost never changed up. The atmosphere was incredibly murky. Nice for a beginner, but this lack of creativity is everything we don't want.

Get more interpretive, and hit the ReMixing forum to learn how to get your material to sound cleaner while going for a loud dance techno sound. Then get some feedback from the unwashed masses in the Works forum to see where else they feel you need to improve.

Not much else to say.

NO

I don't know... It's really tough for most people to mix something of this nature where someone wants the kicks so present along with the fact that he used lots of delays and reverb, I can see why he fell into this "murky" trap that liontamer describes. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal, on headphones it sounds nice and atmospheric.

I especially liked the bell synths and bell pads. I also liked the texture of this mix. The long and dense delays/reverb helped add a nice lush atmosphere to the mix.

Anyway, for those good and ills, that part is a minor issue, given the lack of arrangement here. This basically needs more attention paid to arrangement, adding new material, your personal flavor and expansion. I didn't mind the basic drum pattern, but it would have been nice if this was aided by some more sophisticated synth design/automation and fx processing. Right now the whole thing comes off as rather vanilla. At this point it strikes me more of a very basic "remix" rather than a re-arrangement.

Still, for all its problems, I enjoyed it - But it has more to do with the source material than the arrangement itself. Work on that main facet (arrangement issues) next time before submitting. Keep working at it.

NO