Mega Man 3 - Intro \ Title Screen

First of all, mixing issues:

In the slower section, the mix is very bass heavy. The drums need to come up, the bass guitar needs to be quieter, and I think the kick is kind of resonant sounding.

Speaking of bass, get that bass doing something. It's just holding out notes, and I know from experience that it borings up songs. Have it play interesting rhythms and riffs, and most importantly, make sure there is space. Silence can be just as important as the notes that are heard.

Anyway, the biggest problem is that I'm not sure that this is really a remix. You basically just made an electric guitar transcription of the Mega Man 3 title screen music, and that's not how you get something accepted to ocremix. You have to have some variations on the source material. So yeah. Put your creative juices to work. Make something interesting.

I dont really play video games that much. That being said, I am familiar with the source material here and this sounds more like a cover than a remix. Nothing wrong with that if thats what you intended, however there are some great remixes on this site (Passing of the Blue Crown is my favorite OCREMIX last time I checked) so it would be nice to hear a bit more creativity. Also, my experience is in electronic dance music and electro-industrial/synthpop (so take this with a grain of salt) but I feel this mix has too much sub bass. Tone down the sub 100hz range (I don't have a spectral analyzer that works outside my DAW so I cant tell you the precise frequency)

All things considered, it still sounds pretty cool. Megaman FTW.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...