Sonokinetic Sale & Da Capo (Orchestral Library)

So I spent some time listening to the instrumental sample sets...I kind of think they suck. Saving up a bit could get you a lot better; even EWQL and Cinematic Strings. I don't know, they just all sound hokey to me.

What DOES draw me in are the vocal samples. I might grab that bundle because for all THAT it's ridiculously cheap.

So I spent some time listening to the instrumental sample sets...I kind of think they suck. Saving up a bit could get you a lot better; even EWQL and Cinematic Strings. I don't know, they just all sound hokey to me.

What DOES draw me in are the vocal samples. I might grab that bundle because for all THAT it's ridiculously cheap.

Which instruments in specific in which demos? Are the vocal samples mostly lines or phrases or one shots?

I'd have to go back and look, but I listened to all the orchestral demos and got that overwhelming "These are fake strings" feeling. For the price, you might as well wait for an EWQL sale.

But really that's just my opinion; if you like the sound of the strings, then bag them because that's a good price for a big library.

The vocal chains had a nice mix of short/long.

I'd have to go back and look, but I listened to all the orchestral demos and got that overwhelming "These are fake strings" feeling. For the price, you might as well wait for an EWQL sale.

But really that's just my opinion; if you like the sound of the strings, then bag them because that's a good price for a big library.

The vocal chains had a nice mix of short/long.

Ok I get what you mean. I would get EWQL orchestra gold if it was for Kontakt and didn't require an ilok.

Albion is good but it's not the type of sound I want. I'm also not a fan of the low-mid-hi with no option to use only flutes instead of woodwinds hi for example.

I was looking at Kirk Hunter Ruby too but there's not much user opinions on that either. I also don't know when or if that will be on sale.

EDIT: Alright, I looked at the vocal demos and they sound nice, the bundle has a little too many of ones I don't want as much. If I could choose maybe half of them for cheaper instead, I'd definitely consider it.

Edited by Dissidia

On further review, I actually think their ethnic bundle and all the stuff in there is pretty good. The orchestral stuff doesn't do it for me, though. But I have a huge gap in my library right now for good ethnic instruments and I really like the way some of these sound. To me, these sound better than Silk or Ra from EWQL. For 40% off, it ends up being $400.

I know you were looking at the orchestral stuff, I'm just musing.

On further review, I actually think their ethnic bundle and all the stuff in there is pretty good. The orchestral stuff doesn't do it for me, though. But I have a huge gap in my library right now for good ethnic instruments and I really like the way some of these sound. To me, these sound better than Silk or Ra from EWQL. For 40% off, it ends up being $400.

I know you were looking at the orchestral stuff, I'm just musing.

Doesn't look like there are all that many ethnic instruments. RA and Silk have a lot more, or Garritan World Instruments (barf). These are more like, good niche items to round out your existing collection.

That being said, the Qanun sounds very tasty, my credit card is tempted by the sweet siren song. :-)