PRC253 - We Have A Winner - A Dream Comes True (A Nightmare On Elm Street)

Bundeslang

dern it, I like to get something in no matter what but last week was tremendously busy for me and seeing there's like 20 minutes left and I'm at work at the moment, I probably won't get one in (and by probably, I mean, most definitely) :'(

but I'm glad to see 4 entries already in. I hope the interest keeps up :D

Yeah um, I know this is somewhat out of custom for this compo, but if no1 else submits a track then I would like DZComposer to win by default - the level of effort between our 2 projects is far enough between that I *know* mine should not be able to trump his, unless there was some serious nepotism going on, and that wouldn't sit well with me q.q

Two more songs appeared, so there's no need to do this.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 4 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

Xsquader has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, September 18th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC254.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 4

Total number of votes - 5

Maximum Score - 18.

Voting stats can be found in this picture.

Voting253.png

hoboka and evktalo both battled for third place and at the end, both ended with 7 points on the third place place wooden spoon.

DZComposer came close to win and received two first place votes, but ends with 15 points on second place, only one point below the winner.

And the winner of PRC253 is Yami with 16 points.

Congratulations Yami, you are the winner. There was a 'gap' between second and third place, but you won the challenge. Yami, you may select a source for PRC253. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 20 September 2013.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC253

hoboka voted as follows:

1)DZComposer

2)Yami

3)evktalo

I think DZComposer is #1 because of the awesomely creative use of percussive instruments, whilst keeping to the creepy feel of the source tune.

Hey sry for the pms stuff Bunda, I pm'd Rama about getting my acc password earlier but no response yet. I rly wish that there is a way to edit one's email info at ThaSauce...

Also, good compo guys and nice surprise to see 2 other submissions at the last minute ;)

Albeit, I still feel that the percussion one shoulda won...q.q

EDIT

oh snap, forgot to mention that I used the percussion samples from the Secret of Mana sound chip =p (handy little soundfont I picked up lol)

Edited by HoboKa