Slipstream Queen

AngelCityOutlaw

I remember I used to do this alot in my pre-remixing phase. Staying up all night and seeing what comes to mind is loads of fun and usually I would end up with something decent to listen to for driving at night.

SPEAKING OF THAT! if you have the time on a weekend or something. After you write something load it up on your mp3 player and go for a midnight drive. It's awesome.

Nice groove. Definitely sounds like it was written with some night time influences.

I remember I used to do this alot in my pre-remixing phase. Staying up all night and seeing what comes to mind is loads of fun and usually I would end up with something decent to listen to for driving at night.

SPEAKING OF THAT! if you have the time on a weekend or something. After you write something load it up on your mp3 player and go for a midnight drive. It's awesome.

Nice groove. Definitely sounds like it was written with some night time influences.

Thanks for listening, Gar.

A lot of my original tunes are inspired by the city at night. I love night-time driving through big cities or even more so, driving just outside of the city and parking on some hill that overlooks the city at night. As a drummer once put it when we were driving late at night coming up over a hill and the city was off in the distance beneath us, "I love this. It's like we're looking down on a galaxy."

I also think even this short tune proves to me that I still write best with good old fashion notation lol

Hey, I like this! It seems like something that one would hear in an action movie. "City at Night" for sure. You should definitely expand it! I can envision some wicked cool lead work in between the piano parts, some really cool portamento synth lead. Bass can be louder. Kick sounds great but could be punchier. The piano sounds really good but I'd tone down that reverb just a bit... I get what you're going for but you don't want it to bleed. Also, you could add some stereo widening like at 0:29 when that growly thing begins, or even pan it gently back and forth. Don't be afraid to add fun little percussion loops and such, very wide spread, too. I'd love to hear some more drum variations as the song progresses. Maybe some kind of slower breakdown next? Nice start!