good tool for Slicing up loops

Esperado

Glitch has absolutely 0% relevant functionality to loop slicing. All it can do is repeat, which repeats the the last 16th note or so of audio feed and shuffle, which I still have no idea to this day how it works, but it is not controllable, and not really a slicer. Glitch doesn't process the audio to detect sound transients, it simply plays with incoming audio feed in rhythmic intervals that are synced to the DAW's tempo.

My theory is that Shuffle works like granular synthesis. It reads at random segments of specific lengths in a particular time frame while adding minimal fades to merge those segments together without clicks. Not quite as flexible as true granular synthesis, but eh, kinda similar, I think.

While yes, it doesn't truly slice, Glitch has functions that work similarly to slicing. In general, Geist is a more accurate fit, but Glitch is also a fun tool to work with.

Edited by timaeus222

Recycle is way overpriced and very outdated. I don't recommend it. I'm not sure how it's lasted as long as it has with anyone still calling it "the standard".

I don't even think it's been updated in several years. I'm too lazy to look right now, but last I checked it had not changed.

That's true, but what other products on the market can create Rex files? Almost none, if any. Propellerhead has the lock on Rex file creation because it's their format. So until that changes, Recycle has a place.