*NO* Gods 'Gods Remix'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite simply put awful. Since the link to the source isn't working, I can't No Override this, but I think it probably should be.

It's this one "aah" sample repeating over and over with a simple beat and a sharp synth dotting along in the background. According to a write-up on the site there, you just ripped the "aah" sample from the source.

NO

http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/Authors/Game/Joseph_Richard/Gods.lha - mod.gods17

Yeah, I gotta agree with TO. Doesn't sound any better than the original, in terms of layering up the vox, and nearly everything here is ripped from the original and beefed up, same timing and everything. Remix doesn't even have a creative name.

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

Do not just send in a sound upgrade. Read our standards please. This is supposed to posess interpretation and rearrangement. Anything such as this particular piece doesn't represent what the site is about.

NO OVERRIDE