djpretzel

Contact Info

Remixer name: sinewav

Email: Bryant.Pritchard@gmail.com

User ID: 16202

ReMix Info

Game Remixed: Chrono Trigger

Song Title: The Day the World Revived, and a little bit of Schala's Theme

Not sure exactly how to describe this song... it's kind of a quieter, darker track with computer-glitchy sounding drums and a very ambient influence.

Also, I need to apologize in advance... I filled out all the tags, but Audiri got rid of them when I uploaded it. I don't know of another place to put the file so... sorry.

Peace of Christ,

---Bryant

Conceptually this is pretty cool. I could see this being developed into something fuller. At the moment however there are sound quality issues, and the arrangement is sort of one of two things; either a simplified, straight-up cover of the original, or unrelated entirely. There is not a lot linking the Chrono Trigger stuff with the glitchy/ambient stuff. Not to mention the texture overall is pretty sparse, and not in a good way either.

On the production end, I just have to say that it's too glitchy. The ambiance is a nice thought but it's not executed well - it comes across more like noise. It's not pleasant or really musical. The drums are also grating. They aren't interesting in either their timbre or their rhythm. Other synths + instruments used are also basic.

Again, good ideas but needs a lot more polish

NO

pretty much in agreement with andy. there's some good ideas here, but I feel like there needs to be more interpretation of the source material.

a little more variety in the percussion would help. the high frequency samples in the drum programming really start to grate on me after a while. It's interesting, but I would really limit their use.

retool, tighten the screws and resubmit.

NO RESUBMIT

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ct - "The Day the World Revived" (ct-2-06.spc) & "Sara's Theme" (ct-3-06.spc)

I felt like I was hearing a different piece than the others in terms of potential for resubmission, but at the same time their votes really hit the nail on the head. I didn't even read theirs until I wrote my own and we're pointing out the same issues.

"The Day the World Revived" section was rather plain and annoying with that simple lead. The scratching and beeping-type sounds were annoyingly piercing, and when you take those sounds away, you're not left with much arrangement substance IMO. Go for the better texture of sounds here, but at the same time build the arrangement ideas first then the soundscape.

Not enough here IMO to be interesting for 5:30-long, though the "Schala's Theme" arrangement first used from 2:45-3:06 helped balance it out. Still, after 3:45 when you layered the two themes, everything was really cluttered and messy. It's a decent start that could lead to something more fruitful with more work.

NO