*NO* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky 'Timeless Sea of Verdure'

DragonAvenger

At the request of a friend I've remixed the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon theme Through the Sea of Time. I'm not sure if it counts as the first part of the song is more of a cover and the latter is remixed.

Contact Details:

Dj Exias

Shawn Badolian

http://exias.bandcamp.com/

Submission Info:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Through the Sea of Time

Timeless Sea of Verdure

As stated, it was a request by a friend to remix the song into an orchestra. Meant to capture the feeling of Grovyle's Sacrifice.

------------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

The reverb on the low end of the piano is so long that the bass notes are sounding dissonant due to overlap. The strings sounded pretty thin and beyond that, there wasn't much interpretation; everything here was in the source besides a few percussion hits.

I enjoy the theme, but the arrangement needs to be greatly expanded and the production needs to be tightened up before it can get on OCR. I recommend hitting up the workshop thread to get some additional arrangement ideas and production tips.

No

• 1 month later...

Wow that's a lot of reverb and also delay... the low end is drowning. You'll need to lower the amounts of reverb and delay, and make sure to highpass your reverb and delay to keep mud out of them.

The mix also sounds quite overcompressed, at times I really hear some serious pumping. You need to back off the gain on your master compressor and/or limiter. The track has almost no dynamic range.

You'll need to do some serious eq work to make the piano sound less heavy and the strings more full, while giving all of the instruments room to breathe.

Also I agree with Andrew this is basically a cover. It's a nice cover, but for OCR you'll need to do quite a bit more interpretation.

NO (resubmit)

My fellow judges have covered the biggest issues here. Not a lot of interpretation beyond moving the instruments to an orchestral setting, the piano tails make the notes run into each other, the strings are thin and aren't realistically sequenced, the instruments don't have their own space and the writing is hard to hear because of it. You've got the appropriate sense of grandeur, but this has major problems on both the writing and production ends.

NO