*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Airship Arrival'

djpretzel

Remixer name: INSANIAK

Email: Insaniak00@aol.com

Website:www.myspace.com/insaniak <----Link with my submissions

Remix Info: (in the order they appear on my website)

Remix Titles: Airship Arrival , The Blackmage, Anno Domino600, TKO

Games Remixed: Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9, Chrono Trigger , Punch-Out

Songs Remixed: Cids Theme , Vivis Theme , 600 A.D. , Punchout Theme

I'm confused, are you submitting more than one piece here? If so, as by our policy, only one submission at a time.

Source: http://www.zophar.net/psf/FF7_psf.rar - 307 Cid's Theme

Unfortunately, straight away this launches into pretty much a direct cover of the original. Almost everything is transcribed accross exactly the same, with the sections cut and pasted together in different orders. Needs more creativity than just slapping a marching beat over it in the background.

Now, from 2:00 we get some original work. I can't really tell what it's meant to be from, if anything. The effects in the background sound like a funny mix of UT2004 and Star Wars. the from 3:03 we launch back into the directly covered material again.

You need to be much more creative with your arrangement in order to get your mix passed.

NO

Covered by the others. Basically a copy of the original + lame beetz; texture was really sparse. No meaningful arrangement value to speak of. Listen to the other tracks here and observe how they offer creative reinterpretations of the source material involved. This has none of that and is inferior to the original.

This track was a good example of a fadeout ending being a sign of having nothing left in the tank creatively. And don't fade it out and leave 24 seconds of silence at the end.

Apply some originality and creativity not just in the instrumentation approach but also the writing in order to take whatever ideas you may have to the next level.

NO